The Snow Walker - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Snow Walker Reviews

December 20, 2015
a beautiful tale of Caucasian and Inuit interaction; of action, adventure, despair, tragedy and rescue; and of the vastness of the arctic tundra.
½ June 13, 2015
150613: Ah, the North. I liked this movie. It took me home and made me want to go back. Didn't really like the way they portrayed Yellowknife at the beginning but I guess it was integral to Pepper's character development. Who is this beauty Annabella Piugattuk? Wow, going to look up her other work if any. I never lost interest in this steady but relatively slow paced movie. I would consider adding it to my collection but I'm a Yellowknife of 21 years.
April 20, 2015
Very emotional movie.I really enjoyed it.
March 30, 2015
Nice movie. I like the relationship between the characters, but more than that I love the scenery and the attitude of the Inuit woman. A few years ago I watched the NFB documentries by Quentin Brown about Netsilik Inuit and I've been fascinated by the culture ever since. A very resourceful and happy people. I was also surprised by the good performance from Barry Pepper. To be honest, when I first turned the movie on I thought "Oh, God, it's the guy from Battlefield Earth."
January 18, 2015
survival in the Canadian arctic. Barry pepper soars as a cocky bush pilot in 1953 whose plane goes down while he is transporting a sick Inuit woman to a hospital11/26/14
½ January 3, 2014
This movie brings all emotions .. A must see
September 21, 2013
"Walk well, my brother"..
May 1, 2013
A story of survival...not overtly dramatic...keeps you engaged.
October 22, 2012
Amazing movie. Never boring.
September 27, 2012
Well done. I felt that acting from Annabella Piugattuk was very good. She was able to pull you into her character and feel what she was going through. A very beautiful woman as well!
September 26, 2012
We read the story in my english 30-2 class and i had a feeling that it was this movie i has watched it once and i just couldnt stop thinking bout it....sooo good :D
September 2, 2012
Patchy script, manipulative characterization mars an otherwise great story of survival and brotherhood in harsh wilderness. The lead protagonist's clumsy survival skills - for someone flying a biplane for a living in the north Canada - are implausible. With poor script the movie misses to build an emotional pitch. A Mildly disappointing movie.
August 23, 2012
The Snow Walker: This film is based on a short story written by Farley Mowat. Its Directed by Charles M Smith. If I hadn't done my research for the film I'd have easily been convinced it was Based on a Truly Remarkable story!
The straight to DVD, is unsespectingly beautiful and misheard for all the wrong reasons.
June 10, 2012
Fine well acted Canadian movie
June 1, 2012
A predictable story that feels somehow fresh. Beautiful and touching story but slow at times.
May 29, 2012
While nothing much happens in it, the movie still remains very interesting.
½ May 7, 2012
I just saw the movie for the first time. The tale for survival was very well played, and the interchange in roles as first Charlie's reliance on Kanaalaq changes in the end as she finally reaches the end of her life is heart-wrenching to watch. Too watch them bond as they do, and Charlie's struggle's to try and save her show his emotions for her in the end. A beautiful film.
½ April 10, 2012
I found the movie DULL...and boring, the only part that is worth seeing it is because Michale buble is in it for 7 min
March 2, 2012
Great survival movie. A little sad though.