The Best Thief in the World - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Best Thief in the World Reviews

January 4, 2014
One of the most painful movies I've seen in awhile,
and that is not because of it's theme or plot...
[Edit 2014: Okay maybe it's not that bad, it has some wasted potential...]
June 20, 2011
There is alot missing here in this low budget Showtime movie. Its a simple case of all the parts not adding up to a coherent movie. Izzy is the oldest of three children all dealing with a father who has had a stroke and a mother played by the adorable, Mary Louise Parker, who is trying to keep her family together knowing they have no money. The film follows Izzy as he acts out as a way of dealing with life by breaking into apartments and not stealing, but just hanging out. Not a bad movie, just not a good one.
½ October 1, 2008
Acting's not bad, but the movie itself is really passive despite the impactful stuff that happens.
½ August 18, 2008
Izzy, the youngest son of a troubled New York family, takes a shine to breaking into people's apartments as a way to get attention.

I think this movie is boring.
½ August 4, 2008
Well acted but very slow moving at times. The plot is interesting though. Realistic cinematography. I had a hard time warming up to the characters, and for a film of this nature, that is essential.
October 14, 2007

I think this movie is boring.
June 9, 2007
Weird Plot, but good acting and theme
December 12, 2006
it was weird. 4 year old rapper kids saying f-this f-that, was ridiculous.