Sahara - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sahara Reviews

January 10, 2018
Excellent movie to pop into the DVD and just enjoy.
December 20, 2017
I read the book so I knew to expect stupid. Always expect stupid from Clive Cussler. Paramount was smart enough to leave out Abraham Lincoln but dumb enough to make everyone in Africa speak English. I also wasn't a fan of the fight sequences. It was one of those deals where it takes 17 cuts to throw one punch. Still, it's a decent, forgettable waste of two hours.

The soundtrack is very annoying. You may want to hit the mute button and silently admire Matthew McConaughey's body. Of work. Body of work. That's what I meant to say. Body of work.
½ October 23, 2017
Dumb movie with big actors.
½ August 25, 2017
Sahara combines genre tropes, humor and stylish action to produce an entertaining, if not an original adventure.
½ May 22, 2017
A mindless adventure? Get a life geeks.
Damn fun movie, thats what it was.
April 14, 2017
4/13/2017 (2): I thought this was a pretty decent action/adventure flick. A great cast with a decent story. Not extraordinary, but entertaining.
½ January 19, 2017
this was actually a pretty good movie
September 10, 2016
You get what you expect... which isn't a lot.
August 17, 2016
A pretty good treasure hunting and adventure film set in modern times
½ June 14, 2016
It's a fine movie. The action is good. It's consistent. It just isn't supposed to feel like the middle of a trilogy.
½ June 7, 2016
Sahara was just like sex with a cactus, a terribly painful and scarring experience, but for some reason, I just couldn't stop.
½ May 24, 2016
Not a movie to set the world on fire. But as far as a simple noise producer and adventure epic, it isn't that bad.
May 15, 2016
I love this movie. I can't believe it has such a low rating.
½ May 3, 2016
I just watched this again. This film is pretty dang awesome!
½ February 19, 2016
It's actually manages to entertain in that "Temple of Doom" kind of way.
½ December 13, 2015
Yes, Sahara is mindless, ridiculous and often stupid but it's also an easily entertaining and humorous entry into the Indiana Jones action genre that is well paced and convincing.
½ November 22, 2015
I was resolutely entertained by this all action film with a crazy half baked plot. Not a film to be taken seriously but entertaining anyway. The cuddly portrayal of Tuareg rebels made me laugh...not sure history will look upon them quite so kindly. Shame we can't really visit Mali at the moment. Would love to one day.
October 8, 2015
watched it again on AMC the other day, and it wasn't as bad as I remember. give it another try. it's a fun action flick.
August 19, 2015