Moog - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Moog Reviews

October 20, 2013
An extremely boring documentary about Robert Moog. Interesting subject matter, poorly done documentary - the information contained within could have easily been made into a 15 minute short.
April 14, 2013
boring as fuck with an awful soundtrack.
October 23, 2012
Recommended for any fans of electronic music
May 4, 2012
A documentary that's all over the place, largely containing meaningless interviews. In the end you're left wondering why you even watched it in the first place.
April 20, 2012
Very Interesting! the Story of the Invention of "Electronic" Music & the First Synthesizer. A Must See for Any Musician or Electronic Music Fan.
March 24, 2012
Very cool documentary, informative and fun.
February 21, 2012
Could have been a whole lot better. What waste of a good subject!
½ September 28, 2011
Fascinating with a great soundtrack. Of course, I'm quite interested in the subject matter.
September 24, 2011
this movie was great!
July 9, 2011
This is made for those already familiar with Moog's electronic instruments, and not for those wishing to be introduced to them. Any Musician or electro junkie will find this at least somewhat interesting. The average person... maybe not so much.
July 2, 2011
Very cool doc on streaming right now - for the music buffs, as well as music history buffs. Has a lot of cool special apperences talking about the synthesizer. There's a part at 27:00 where the synthesizer is first used for a commercial. If you don't watch the doc, you should just watch for that - hilarious!!!!!!!!!
June 15, 2011
It wasn't what I expected. It was just the inventor babbling on about conversations he had with people who use the moog. After his five-minute rant about his garden I just shut it off. It could be worse, but it was boring and very forgettable.
½ March 24, 2011
Obviously low budget, but worth the stream on Netflix.
February 12, 2011
Worth watching just for Bernie Worrell funking it.
January 8, 2011
Pretty cool if you're already familiar with some basic synthesizer principles. It doesn't really serve as a good biography of Bob Moog or the history of Moog as much as a point insight. Still fun to see!
½ December 31, 2010
So sad that Robert Moog is no longer with us...an absolute joy to hear this man's story
½ November 26, 2010
A look at one of the pioneers of electronic music, Bob Moog. Moog himself talks about his work and his life. Though a seemingly shy man, he's clearly passionate about what he does and seems to still get joy from his decades of influencing modern music in countless ways. He really comes out of his shell when he talks to musicians. And as a good music based documentary should, it has plenty of samples of the music it talks about.
November 4, 2010
i suppose that this movie may be more interesting if you grew up during the time period that this was coming out, and maybe you had a Moog, or something along those lines, it just didn't grab my attention much
October 27, 2010
I thought this was decent, but I only recommend this for people who already know a lot about who Robert Moog is.
½ October 13, 2010
this was great!! happy I found itnow to watch Feguson's monologue and sleep