Crash - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Crash Reviews

January 11, 2016
Flat out should not have won Best Picture. Ever. This is in no way, shape, or form on the same plane as Brokeback Mountain. This movie is mediocre. This movie I hated.
½ January 5, 2016
Vastly overrated and a poor man's Robert Altman
December 23, 2015
-IGNORE THIS "OUT OF FIVE" RATING
4/4
Emotionally shattering dramatization of multiple stories in L.A. who's lives affect others. A bad cop looks to help a woman he embarrassed, a hot-tempered businessman looking for revenge but finds his existence a mistake, and a father showing his daughter that life is wonderful. One of those rare films that makes you hurt long after its over. Cast is wonderful, but Don Cheadle and Matt Dillon standout
December 13, 2015
Not a bad film, but questionably worthy of its best picture Oscar.
December 13, 2015
Crash is a powerful piece about prejudice and ignorance that hits hard. The acting is good, the way the characters' stories intertwine and unravel is well done and it acts as an important reminder that prejudice still exists.
December 11, 2015
A flawed and manipulative movie that is nevertheless exciting, challenging, surprising, uncomfortable and addictive. Worth seeing again, given the layers of storylines and characters.
November 20, 2015
An emotionally resonant whirlpool of events and characters, it all adds up to be one of the most important pieces on racial interaction in America ever.
November 19, 2015
Rarely have I seen a movie try to tackle such contentious issues so seriously, and yet so flippantly at the same time. Crash delves into the issues of racial interaction and prejudice over a very brief period of time in Los Angeles, the City of Angels. And, apparently, of conveniences and contrivances. There are several moments in the film when its subject matter is laid bare and leaves you questioning just how deep-seated racism is, and that we could potentially be, by our very natures, discriminatory towards those different to ourselves. The film would succeed if this were true of the rest of the movie. Unfortunately the audience is subjected to broad characterisation, blatant stereotypes and situations that beat them mercilessly over the head with a club bearing the inscription 'RACISM IS WRONG!' For all its good intentions, Crash is depressingly shallow and artificial. I really hate to flog a dead horse, but I have to side with the many, many people who claimed that the film robbed the far more deserving Brokeback Mountain, a movie far richer, more complex and emotionally earnest, of the Best Picture Oscar. Having seen both films, I can safely say they're not even in the same league. Crash has flashes of intelligence, power, insight and raw emotion, but they simply aren't enough to illuminate an otherwise unstable and unsatisfactory film.
November 7, 2015
This movie is TERRIBLE. And it won an Oscar. For BEST PICTURE. Against CAPOTE and MUNICH. But, it must be good because it has dumb, ham-fisted social commentary, and that makes a movie great. I'd much rather take a racist but legitimately great movie like D.W. Griffith's "Birth of a Nation" over a garbage movie that tries to have some meaningful message like this one. There's literally a crane shot of somebody going "NOOOOOO!" in this film. This is definitely the worst movie to ever win the best picture Oscar. Don't waste your time, please!
October 30, 2015
A Good Look At American Culture, But It Got All A Little Too Full-On Melodramatic..Typical! The Soundtrack (Isham; A Fav Composer Of Mine) Is Haunting & Brilliantly Mixed In As The Moods Shift. A Large Array Of Locations Across Los Angeles Also See The City Itself Become Part Of Moral Fabric In Creating The Xenophobia & Ghettos. An Unfortunate But Quite Common Problem In Modern Day Mega-Cities.
½ October 23, 2015
Racism, revenge, abuse of power, decisions, actions, consequences. These are some of the themes which weave throughout this drama and bind the characters together. The film contains some powerful scenes, aided by an ethereal musical score. AAW 1001
½ October 19, 2015
seemed like it could've been better. some of the reactions and random monologues unrealistic. slightly corny. other than that, interesting and well acted movie.
September 2, 2015
The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once. ~ Einstein
September 1, 2015
Para entender esta pelicula, habria que conocer mas de primera mano la sociedad que intenta retratar o la fuerza del relato se va diluyendo. Quiza por eso nos parezca un Oscar injustificado, pero bien es cierto que esa especie de Short Cuts le suelta un dramatico mensaje al espectador americano, como funciona su pais, y como seguramente esten contribuyendo al drama.

Como no-estadounidenses, deberemos conformarnos con ver hacia donde lleva la xenofobia y racismo y replantearnos como damos la bienvenida a los nuevos ciudadanos de nuestro pais.

Por el lado modal, le falta fluidez, emocion e intensidad. No todo el mundo es Soderbergh.
August 24, 2015
Bigotry, racism, intolerance; are some issues maybe we donīt want to talk about. But they exist and many times we are involved consciously or unconsciously in some kind of these attitudes. "Crash" shows us different characters, related in the most random ways that are neither victims nor offenders, just people looking for something else. In my opinion if you finish watching the film and you are not questioning yourself, you haven't understood the film. Take another look, then.
½ August 15, 2015
What a load of pandering cock.
August 12, 2015
It is true that Crash is a well acted, morally important and well focused look at racism, but for me it is preachy and melodramatic as hell.
August 9, 2015
This is like the Love Actually for racism and violence. Excellent performances by everyone in the cast. Don Cheadle, Ludacris, Sandra Bullock, Terrence Howard, Matt Dillon, and the list goes on. All spectacular. Acting wise, this is a wonderful movie. As far as plot goes, there is a lot of storylines to consume. Unfortuantely, like all movies with multiple storylines, there is only so much screen time to go around meaning some characters stories shine more than others. But overtime, when a character has an opportunity to make an impact, they take full advantage. Every single scene in this movie was engaging and some were extremely intense. What makes this movie memorable is that it flat out shows the dark side of racial discrimination in America and how it can turn violent and out of control. But it also shows us how deep down, we are all the same and want and need the same things to survive. A must watch for everybody.
August 1, 2015
Crash is an effective, emotional, and true look at racism
July 30, 2015