Pee chong air (The Sisters) Reviews

• Nov 22, 2010

a long hair ghost girl out from ur air conditioner,,,,huhuhuhu spoky!!!

a long hair ghost girl out from ur air conditioner,,,,huhuhuhu spoky!!!

• Nov 04, 2010

This lackluster Thai ghost flick was probably called "The Sisters" for English release because "Spooky Lady in the Air Duct" wouldn't have sold. The story: some teenagers get a hotel room and find the ghost of a murdered prostitute in the air conditioning system. The ghost scares them so much that they do things like run in front of cars, hang themselves, shoot themselves, or volunteer to be sealed inside of a coffin in a Buddhist temple and suffocated. They die one by one in such fashion (aside from scaring them, the ghost never does any harm to anyone). Oh, and the prostitute was apparently pregnant, too, so there's also the ghost of what looks like a 7 year old boy with a shaved head who hangs onto one character's leg, and which I guess must be the ghost of the unborn child (no other explanation is offered, anyhow). Of course, when the murder of the prostitute is shown, she doesn't look the slightest bit pregnant, so why there should be a ghost like this doesn't make much sense. And, oh yeah, the prostitute also had a sister, and the sister is also a ghost, though for some reason she isn't a scary ghost and seems to have been added as a totally unnecessary afterthought in an attempt to make this movie less generic than it is. It doesn't work; the sister-ghost is utterly superfluous and adds nothing at all to the story. But at least her presence gave the distributor of "The Sisters" an excuse not to call the film "Cheaply Made-up Ghost Always Shot in Green Light That Lives in an Air Conditioner and Scares Teenagers." If you think all of this doesn't sound like it's adding up to a coherent and compelling story, wait until you get to the end of the movie. It makes NO sense at all. We never get a reason that the ghost should be spooking strangers into suicide rather than pursuing her killer who, we're told, has never been caught. There's no character development to make us care about the teenage victims. They're generic looking kids delivering generic dialogue about a generic ghost of the long-hair-in-the-face Asian variety so popular since the success of "The Ring." There's a good deal of inconsistency in the screenplay, such that the actions of both the ghost and the main characters often contradict what happened a scene or two before. Worst of all, the ghost simply isn't that scary. She looks like a woman with pancake makeup, a few veins painted on her face and in desperate need of a good hair stylist. All of the scares that do come -- there aren't many -- are of the jumpshot variety. Look out! The ghost is right behind you! Oooh, scary. "The Sisters" is "The Grudge" meets a Maytag commercial. I bet I've forgotten I've ever seen it a week from now.

• Mar 12, 2010

i was very surprised to see how unpopular this movie is online. it was kinda cliche'd and the acting wasn't super but i found it extremely creepy. not jump-outta-your-seat scary, but creepy. and not a dull moment. liked it a lot.

• Apr 29, 2009

This film was predictable, utilizing all the usual horror movie plot devices and providing nothing new on the vengeful female spirit concept. Acting was poor and the dialogue was quite immature, mostly consisting of foul language. This film is also plagued by extremely awkward editing. Scenes will fade out and then fade back in, not to a different scene, but the same one, continuing the dialogue as if nothing had happened (obviously different takes which had to be cut together somehow but lacked continuality). When a film’s composition distracts the viewer from the actual storyline of the film, it is never a good thing.

• Mar 11, 2009

decent movie, cool ending. Can get kinda cheesy but I thought it was fun.

decent movie, cool ending. Can get kinda cheesy but I thought it was fun.

• Jan 11, 2009

wasn't very impressive. it was ok. i've seen better Thai horror films.

wasn't very impressive. it was ok. i've seen better Thai horror films.

• Mar 31, 2008

Not very gory, but pretty creepy...

Not very gory, but pretty creepy...

• Mar 17, 2008

*shudders* this was scaaaary. T^T Even if some parts were laughable and I honestly can't remember if there were such parts..... I don't want to see it again. I'm too chicken! TT^TT<

• Aug 19, 2007

Interesting story line which made it a pretty good movie. But they seemed to rush it and it jumped around a lot which was a shame. Because they did this, the viewer was not as in suspense or scared. Too bad.