The Honeymooners Reviews

October 1, 2009
I quite liked this film. It didn't suffer from having loads of cliques like it could have done. I'm not familiar with the original Jackie Gleason version, so I give it the thumbs up! (although when/if I get round to seeing it, it may very well mean that stars come off)
October 28, 2011
A Man With A Plan To Make It Rich Working class New York bus driver Ralph Kramden is always coming up with get-rich-quick schemes for him and his best friend, Ed Norton, who's always around to help him get in (and out of) trouble. Ralph Kramden and sanitation engineer Ed Norton are best friends whose schemes are the only things bigger than their dreams. The most recent get-rich-quick plan finds the boys out to make a fast buck by training and racing a stray greyhound. When Alice's dream of buying a home looks like it could become a reality, the Kramdens team up with their best friends who live upstairs, Ed and Trixie, to amass the $20,000 for a down payment before a shady land developer beats them to it. The Honeymooners gives a few nods to the original series, like Ed's trademark hat, and a sweet twist on Ralph's signature line: instead of threatening to knock Alice to the moon, he promises to take her there someday.
½ December 15, 2007
Why bother? Jackie Gleason did it best. Cedric the Entertainer was a QUIET version of Jackie Gleason in the sitcom...good try though...
½ November 4, 2009
A Complete and Original "Tv-Show turned Movie, and Maybe that's why it was only as half as good as a normal half and hour Sit-com?
jim222001us
½ August 5, 2007
This movie shouldn't even have been made, it's kind of arrogant by everyone involved.
½ September 18, 2009
I loved this remake!!! And not just because my cousin Mike Epps is in it; but that did help ;?}. A wonderful cast who stayed true to the original characters nuances, while yet bringing their own unique swagger to this iconic series. John Leguizamo was outright hilarious!!! A good one to watch with family, wifey or that significant other!!
½ January 4, 2009
I can't beleive they were actually allowed to use this title for movie that is such a far cry form the orginal series staring Jackie Gleason.
½ October 13, 2007
Not the worst movie, but the acting isn't good and the characters mimicing the original show is terrible.
½ July 20, 2007
i won't go as far to say that cedric's better or worse than jackie, just different, and yet you still get that classic honeymooners atmoshere.
½ July 10, 2007
Cedric plays Ralph as good as Gleason.The story reminds you of a hair brain not thought out scheme of the original tv series.A crazy get rich quick scheme.
½ June 4, 2007
Silly movie that holds onto the naive bumbling characteristics that Jackie Gleason made so hilariously funny in the original TV series. I'd watch it again.
½ June 2, 2007
pretty good, but cedric the entertainer's character made me mad cause there are people out there like that!!!!!!
½ May 9, 2007
I caught not more than 15 minutes of this on HBO. I turned it off because it was one of the worst things I have ever seen next to reality TV.
½ March 14, 2007
Cliched, dumb and boring. This film brought absolutely nothing fresh and new--don't waste your time.
½ August 5, 2006
ok i'll admit that i've never seen this movie... stop remaking shit... and it you're gonna remake it do it with the cast being the same race as the original... fuck that
March 10, 2015
No stars. First Mr. The Entertainer rips off a classic comedy film, now he rips off one of the most beloved sitcoms in television history. Neither of these things would be that big of a problem if they weren't so damned UNFUNNY. In this one you can't even tell what was supposed to be funny. That's never good for your comedy: when the audience doesn't laugh because it won't, but bnecause it simply can't.
August 31, 2014
Ugh, to quote Jackie Gleason, POW! To the moon!
½ September 14, 2013
Why are the Honeymooners black?
August 31, 2012
No words can describe how bad this movie is.
July 15, 2012
I liked the performances, but it felt like a tv movie.