The Honeymooners - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Honeymooners Reviews

½ January 26, 2016
Put it on your family jewels.

Ralph Kramden and his wife, Alice, barely make enough to make ends meet. Ralph is always on the lookout for a get rich quick scheme while his wife hopes they can buy a house one day. Eventually, Alice can't wait for her house anymore and plans to take their savings and make her move; unfortunately, Ralph has squandered all of their savings. How can Ralph make it up to Alice?

"I'll just deal with my little pervert here."

John Schultz, director of Like Mike, Drive Me Crazy, Aliens in the Attic, Judy Moody and the Not Bummer Summer, and When Zachary Beaver Came to Town, delivers The Honeymooners. The storyline for this picture is below average, ridiculous, and cheesy for the most part. The acting is cliché and just okay. The cast includes Cedric the Entertainer, Mike Epps, Gabrielle Union, Eric Stoltz, Regina Hall, and John Leguizamo.

"I do my best work down low."

I recently came across this on Showtime Anytime and was surprised I had never seen this. I decided to give it a viewing, and kind of wish I didn't. This film isn't funny and the characters are not that compelling. There isn't much to see here and I'd skip it.

"You think Y2K is going to be that bad?"

Grade: D
January 22, 2016
I'm not trying to be racist here, but why are the beloved tv characters all black?
½ January 1, 2016
funny but as much as the TV series its based on was
September 21, 2015
Everything wrong with this movie can be summed up in one word
EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! From it's mediocre slapstick joke's and horrible performances, this Honeymooners rip off is just awful
½ August 11, 2015
Jackie Gleason should punch Cedric the non Entertainer square in the face over this one.
½ March 11, 2015
This is more than a damn shame, it's a goddamn travesty! Race change aside, this is an extremely unfunny and dated remake that shits on the legacy of the classic tv series.
March 10, 2015
No stars. First Mr. The Entertainer rips off a classic comedy film, now he rips off one of the most beloved sitcoms in television history. Neither of these things would be that big of a problem if they weren't so damned UNFUNNY. In this one you can't even tell what was supposed to be funny. That's never good for your comedy: when the audience doesn't laugh because it won't, but bnecause it simply can't.
August 31, 2014
Ugh, to quote Jackie Gleason, POW! To the moon!
May 13, 2014
Ralph cramden who is a bus driver and his friend ed norton when they are together have a knack for getting into mischief. Ralph wants to move out of his crammed apartment and into a house but doesn't have the money so he tries to come up with a get rich quick scheme with friend ed and everyone of them end up in chaos. This movie is kinda of a mess. You got two guys who can be very funny in Cedric The Entertainer and mike Epps and I think they are totally misplaced here. Dont get me wrong there are some funny parts but they are very few and far between. There's alot of trying to hard to be funny and the attempts are failures. These guys can be funny but they defiantly aren't here. I have never seen the show but doubt its anything similar to this. Its not a totally bad movie but would skip if you don't like corny acting and cheap laughs.
½ September 14, 2013
Why are the Honeymooners black?
June 9, 2013
Great comedic action between Epps and Cedric. Dynamite Sunday afternoon jam.
April 24, 2013
funny and easy watching movie!
½ April 18, 2013
Might be better if the jokes were not flat, recycled, articles of crap wrapped in a terrible script with horrible casting.
½ February 28, 2013
This movie shouldn't even have been made, it's kind of arrogant by everyone involved.
December 14, 2012
No words can describe how bad this movie is.
December 7, 2012
Could be worth watching. Will find and devour with my eyes!
August 16, 2012
Not the best movie I've seen by far, but it was a movie I enjoyed watching...
July 15, 2012
I liked the performances, but it felt like a tv movie.
May 14, 2012
lmao at mike epps & his dog "iggy"
½ April 19, 2012
it was pretty good,i liked it.