No Direction Home: Bob Dylan - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

No Direction Home: Bob Dylan Reviews

February 11, 2016
Not only a superb documentary about one of the greatest humans God breathed into being, but a harrowing journey through the madness and absurdities of fame.
December 1, 2015
Very down to earth, a documentary that doesn't dwell on the genius approach and sets its goal on creating a portrait of an artist connected with his peers and times.
½ July 12, 2015
Grande retrato de Bob Dylan por Scorsese. Alternando gravações antigas com entrevistas contemporâneas, o filme mostra como Dylan fez-se um dos grandes ícones dos anos 60 nos EUA.
June 8, 2014
Top notch footage highlights an interesting look at 60s folk music and protest culture and Dylan's influences from an earlier era.
May 15, 2014
part 1 was great, but I prefer part 2
July 7, 2013
Excellent docu-film. Very intricate, and informative. Plus...Bob Dylan!
½ May 2, 2013
Very insightful documentary of America's most fascinating artist. A broader and more explanatory take on Dylan than Pennebaker's (highly recommended) Don't look back.
March 16, 2013
Sügav ja liigutav portree ühest keerukaimast enigmast muusikas...
February 9, 2013
Fantastic. Not only essential for any fan, but for anyone interested in how society changed during the early 1960's. A protrait of its time as much as its topic, and stronger for it.
January 6, 2013
Great documentary about my greatest hero!
December 25, 2012
Great documentary. Scorsese does a great job giving us a glimpse at early Dylan and Bob is just Bob, giving us a glimpse into his dreams of escaping his small Minnesota home town.
December 19, 2012
Very Long and but if you are a die hard Dylan fan this is a great movie
December 7, 2012
Could be worth a viewing, would like to see it sometime in the future.
Bathsheba Monk
November 13, 2012
What I liked about this is that it shows the cluelessness of the press who interviews Dylan as a phenomenon not an entertainer--"do you think you should be the leader of the rebels of your generation" "would you suck on your sunglasses for a photo" etc. The questions they asked him at the press conferences were so ridiculous, I definitely felt his pain as he tried to be polite while at the same time wanting to tell them to bugger off. I am a Dylan fan without being a Dylan worshiper. This is the first time I saw him interviewed or perform except for a lackadaisical show in Boston a number of years ago where I thought he probably had the flu--everyone else did. Anyway, I was surprised at his physical beauty. Surprised at his artistry. Surprised at the ordinariness of Joan Baez who was gifted with angelic pipes but given the curse of wanting to sing for a cause which negates the whole entertainment thing which Bob Dylan was after and for which I admire him. I admire his foray into rock and other genres and experiences. As he says, "if you're not busy being born,you're busy dying."
October 5, 2012
An animated Bob Dylan talks about politics, his music and an ongoing search for home. Very interesting retrospective of his life.
September 8, 2012
Captures Dylan and is an amazing documentary. Very personal without being too reverent. Of course the music is (no word to describe the greatness.). It is very long and it doesn't go far enough into present day. Waiting for part three.
July 30, 2012
A brilliiant well-crafted documentary on the man himself and assuredly deals with all the material like any genuine person would if they had been handed it with trust. The Joan Baez interviews are fascinating and Bob himself is fairly contemplative and reflective, and this accentuates a great deal of authenticity to the film. A must for Dylanologists or would-be Dylanologists (as I was and still am).
July 13, 2012
Just a series of interviews that reveal very little coupled with terrible live performances. I like Bob Dylan a lot but this was shit-tastic.
July 5, 2012
Big bob dylan fan and i have to say, this is as good as it gets in music documentaries even though it was 4 hours long. :D
June 20, 2012
Full disclosure, I've never been a huge Dylan fan. I see why he is so important, and I think he is a terrific songwriter, but I've actually often preferred other artists covering his work. I'll admit that in recent times I've warmed up a little to him, I am personally a fan of "The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan". If you are a Dylan fan, then Scorsese's exhaustive documentary examining Dylan's early days up until his motorcycle accident should please you. I found it to be well made, and I learned a lot about this artist, even if I don't think I'll ever really be a big fan of his.