Frankenstein - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Frankenstein Reviews

November 9, 2011
Intended as the jump start for a cable series the work suffers from the heavy hand of its young and "edgy" creator who fervently insists that you know who made it, in every single scene. I was getting a bit tired of it by the end. The story didn't help ... lame as well.
February 18, 2010
this was ... interesting. I thought there could have been more to it but I still enjoyed it...mainly because I found the original Frankenstein character in this movie ro be doable. :P
November 8, 2008
Frankenstein with a modern twist huh? At first the concept seemed cool to me, but upon watching the movie eye started to see the film reveal itself as drab and dull. Even the mood of the film envokes sleepy eyes. If you'r wise you just ignore this movie. It's not bad it just isn't very attention grabbing or eventfull.
½ November 24, 2007
Story could have been better, but acting is very good, cinematography & Lighting are amazing. One of the better Frankenstein movies out there.
½ November 18, 2007
Absolutely stellar new age adaptation of a already countlessly told tale. Amazing acting, great cinematography, just stunning in most aspects. A little confusing in some parts and a really shitty cliffhanger of an ending...but still, Mike Madsen, Parker Posey, Adam Goldberg and a few other folks you'll recognize all make this one of the finest adaptations of Frankenstein in recent history.
September 9, 2007
cool; it should continued in a sequel, like it was supposed to; too bad it didn't (it would have rocked!).
September 3, 2007
This is one of those movies that in the core has an intriguing idea but it probably wasn?t executed in the best possible way. I only wish it had been...fixed?or made into a mini-series instead. Vincent Perez and Michael Madsen were brilliant of course, but Parker Posey?s teeth and voice annoyed me. Sorry, I?m picky about casting women.. I thought it would have been better if Michael hadn't had been pregnant or whatever; that was a bit ridiculous. But Perez goes down as one of my favorite Frankenstein?s monsters. Well, him and Luke Goss. Screw DeNiro.
June 19, 2007
this was supposed to be a pilot for a new series, but sadly it never got any farther. it's pretty interesting.
August 29, 2012
Could've been better. All made-for-TV movies could be.
½ November 9, 2010
Okay, it's terrible, terrible, terrible. I've never seen decent to good actors act this badly. And I'm almost ashamed that it came from John Shiban, one of the masterminds behind The X-Files.
October 28, 2005
Parker Posey gives the worst performance I have ever seen.

I was happy that this movie ended so suddenly so I would not have to watch anymore of her [size=2]putrid performance.
½ September 22, 2005
I didn't know before watching, but this movie is based on a recent series of books by Dean Koontz, which I haven't read (yet?). That's just a bit of trivia not really necessary for the would-be viewer.

What [i]would[/i] have been nice to know ahead of time was that this movie was originally intended to be the pilot episode of a cable TV series. Apparently, somewhere along the line someone had a falling out with someone else, Dean Koontz withdrew his name from the project, the series was nixed, and someone decided to release the pilot as a direct-to-DVD movie. Soooooo...

It was really irritating, once I had totally gotten into it, to have it end abruptly with all sorts of loose ends and open subplots. The scenery and film work are incredible, the characters interesting and actors playing them doing a good job, and the modern-day take on the Frankenstein story is really cool. But I really wasn't expecting it to just stop in the middle of everything. I hope whoever is in charge gets the go ahead to continue the project.