Face - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Face Reviews

½ May 13, 2014
Films between May 15, 2004 - May 19, 2004.
May 13, 2014
This movies is real shit !! Nothing happens, don't except to see something scare you . It's just a really bad bad korean copy of classical japanese horror movies as Ring or Juon, even if you watch it close you can see the same scene as in these 2 movies .
½ May 13, 2014
The clash between old-world parents and their American-born children is familiar territory. This film never really finds a fresh groove.
½ May 13, 2014
Oh, Glasses! Why did you leave her alone at night in New York City? Because she got some jewelry she could pawn? A tragic story complicated by Chinese superstitions and an incredibly moody brat. The grandma is gets so upset over nothing, it's hilarious. Bai shows off her acting chops and Wu should be in more media, she's gorgeous.
May 13, 2014
I love this movie!! great story plot, only i wish she could have gotten the chance to know her father.
½ May 13, 2014
Good story showing how generations change and how hard it is for some Asian cultures to adapt to their children growing up 'western'. The film is quite simple on the surface, but underneath quite thought provoking.
½ May 13, 2014
Good movie although I found the story had a few gaps.
½ May 13, 2014
Decent. The only thing I didn't much care for was the revolving storylines of the young mother and the daughter.
May 13, 2014
Though its an independant film its done very well. NOthing i consider B list at all
½ April 14, 2013
the scares at the beginning were fantastic, but lost its momentum and got pretty cliche and subpar
March 28, 2013
Korean horror movie in the typical Asian fashion - white-faced girl ghost with the hair covering most of her face, bizarrely moving over surfaces. Hyeon-jun Shin is a bit too sedate in his performance of a father grieving for his ill daughter, but Yong-Ah Song is wonderful as the assistant. Not a riveting story, but put together well enough to hold my attention. Not scary, little gore; it does register as being slightly creepy, but just barely.
December 11, 2012
Tiene un buen inicio pero decae al final aunque la historia esta bastante bien. No da terror alguno aunque algunas apariciones están muy logradas.
December 10, 2012
very good movie, with a great ending
½ December 23, 2011
Peiseu (Sang-gon Yoo, 2004)

I'm not quite sure how it happened, but by coincidence, I ended up watching two Asian films about the underground organ-harvesting trade in one day. This is the one I knew covered that information, and it's the one I liked less, albeit slightly less; while there's a lot of good material here, and it's all well-presented, you're not going to find anything here you haven't seen before, probably many times.

Hyun-min Lee (The Legend of the Shadowless Sword's Hyun-jun Shin) is Korea's premiere facial reconstruction artist, but he quit his job recently in order to move to the country with his daughter, who has a congenital heart defect and is not expected to live longer without a transplant. She's currently off living with Grandma while he finishes cutting his ties with the institute where he works (where are all these jobs where people beg you to stay when you quit? I see them in movies all the time, but in real life, not so much...), but on the day before he's supposed to leave, Sun-yeong Jeong (Arang's Yun-ah Song), an up-and-coming university student whose greatest desire is to study under him, turns up with a box containing a skull. He refuses her, but she will only take a conditional no for an answer; she tells him she's leaving the box with him overnight and will be back to pick it up the next day. Cue haunting. When she comes back, the skull is out and mounted, though he has no memory of doing it, and so he reluctantly starts the process, both figuring out who belongs to this skull and mentoring Sun-yeong in the process. Meanwhile, other bodies are being discovered, and the ghosts haunting Hyun-min seem to be trying to point him to the killer.

Peiseu is a movie that's trying to be a little too much at once, I think. There's the obvious romance angle, there's the police procedural/mystery angle, there's the creepy-long-haired-ghost angle. Any two of those together would probably have worked well, but the material feels stretched a little thin, and it's likely you'll see the Big Twist(TM) coming a mile away. But it's all quite stylish and easy on the eyes; it's not an hour and a half you'll find yourself regretting, though you may want to just watch some of the other movies that did it just as well the first time around. ** 1/2
November 1, 2011
Typical Asian horror movie. Nothing really new here. That creepy girl with the hair hanging down over her face, etc, has gotten so overdone. Move on already.
August 20, 2011
Like the story line though some of the scenes are the same old
October 13, 2010
Jeje, gracias a mí, esta peli está en Flixster para calificarla! ;) Increíblemente a pesar de ser del 2004 y haber sido distribuida en USA con la oleada de terror asiático, no estaba en Flixster para poderla calificar. Por dicha cuando uno les escribe, rápido las activan. Bueno, sobre la cinta, tiene un argumento muy interesante y la forma de presentarlo es acertado, muy buen elenco. El único problema puede ser que realmente no da miedo excepto algunos flashes de impresión al ver una cosa de repente. De todos modos, la recomiendo mucho ya que es una buena producción del cine de horror surcoreano.
February 14, 2010
Esperaba un poco mas, la trama no logra ser lo suficientemente intensa. Se vuelve predecible incluso al inicio de la pelicula si el espectador es logra notar ciertos detalles. Para verla solo una vez...
½ January 6, 2010
Trop compliqué pour moi x) trop de questions sans réponse dont l'inévitable : "pourquoi quand la madame elle meurt, ses cheveux deviennent longs et noirs alors qu'elle était rousse de son vivant ?" et la réalisation laisse un peu à désirer...
June 9, 2009
first off this is not a japanese film. its korean. that said the aesthetic is still the same,lol, making this immediately comparable to other ( better) films in the asian horror movie genre. this movie barely raised my eyebrows let alone the hair on my arms. i found myself spacing out because i realised within the frist 10 mins how it would all pan out. if its on tv and theres nothing else, sure. otherwise, dont bother..