Face - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Face Reviews

June 2, 2009
Non è pessimo come avevo letto, ma non è neppure niente di speciale. Guardabile, ma c'è di molto meglio in giro...
½ March 29, 2009
Pretty average but an interesting mix of the supernatural and serial killer type themes. Too bad it got lost in minute character details of the two leads rather than focusing on the actual storyline.
½ March 7, 2009
A rather quick moving korean mystery tale that starts out rather gory, and then proceeds to use a sledgehammer to introduce the ghostly supernatural elements. Still this would have been a passable watch except for the last 15 minutes; there we experience the obligatory twist and a far-fetched coincidence that tests the viewer's patience. Overall, it is decent entertainment more so because of the acting rather than the script. However, it's just nothing new or original in the k-horror genre.
½ February 7, 2009
The most original thing about Face is that it is derivative of not one, but two genres. So not only do we get a seen-it-all-before Asian Ghost story, but we all get a been-there-done-that serial killer thriller. It struggles with the balance between the two. The best thing about Face is the length. I suppose if you are going to feed the audience such a familiar tale, you can at least make it quick. The film shoves in as much as it can and is rarely dull. It could have been interesting with the whole facial reconstruction thing, and maybe even a tense thriller. However it doesn't seem like the writers bothered to do much research into that aspect and so left it lingering in the background.
December 27, 2008
Avg Horror/Thriller!b
½ December 3, 2008
It's just an average horror/thriller, which would be best described as "Ringu" meets "The Bone Collector". Skip it.
November 9, 2008
not really a horror movie, more "crime-drama." too predictable.
September 3, 2008
A pretty good ghost story movie, but a total rip-off of another blockbuster movie (won't tell cuz that will totally give it away)...never even noticed that Bai Ling was in it...apparently she was acting normally
June 29, 2008
Ok, but the japanese films start to feel the same after a while. Skip it, and see Audition, The grudge, and Ringo. Still top best three.
June 23, 2008
Decent Japanese horror movie.
½ June 21, 2008
Bad editing, worse acting, lame storyline, no scares whatsoever. Horrible rubbish.
June 13, 2008
its not a bad movie.
June 12, 2008
While it definitely had that low-budget kind of feel to it, it still came out a decent movie. The special effects are fantastic, but also don't need to be, since they (happily) took a minimalistic approach to the scary parts. Not as good as the Ring, but still creeped me out quite a bit in parts, so I was happy with it. That, and it's free on OnDemand for a little while longer, so free movie rentals are always a plus.
June 10, 2008
This movie was bizarrely gripping for me. i wouldn't call it excellent but I was happy with it. Some of the dream sequences were well done.
May 8, 2008
ooh. creepy long haired girl, a guy who sculpts faces, and a beat - malfunctioning little girl. it screams Asian horror, right? No, it screams Bargain Bin flick.
April 12, 2008
The film isn't perfect, by any means. A number of the random scare tactics are too Ringu-like to unsettle anybody, and I never even spotted a ramp for a couple of the extreme jumps in logic that push the story toward its conclusions. Still, though, Face features a couple of twists that some may not see coming (although it's fairly easy to spot the clues in hindsight, which leads me to say that the core of the story is wound together pretty tightly) and ends with an almost unparalleled air of beauty and poignant grace. As much a human drama and mystery thriller as it is a horror film, Face breathes new life into all of the genres it touches upon and - best of all - stirs the few dying embers that symbolize what little is seemingly left of horror as an art form in and of itself.
½ March 28, 2008
Slightly subpar asian ghost story, but still a late night chiller that succeeds on a spooky level.
March 24, 2008
what I learned from it?
a) don't believe in Korean horrors
b) don't believe in Korean horrors
c) Damn it, don't believe in Korean horrors...
d) don't call a crime movie a horror movie
½ March 12, 2008
seeeg... men helt ok... inte s skrck som jag hoppats p...