Animal - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Animal Reviews

June 2, 2008
Just ok, bit dull n slow mostly.
SMILE.D. (meep meep)
May 15, 2008
VR is just 10 years older than TH.
He most have lost his virginity very early.
April 29, 2008
Dad is a badass crimminal. Dad goes to jail. Son grows up, becoming like dad. Dad still a badass in jail. Dad meets wise old black man. Dad change. Dad gets out of jail. Dad tries to change son....bla. bla.....

We have seen this 100 times before zzz..zzz...zzz
½ April 27, 2008
Tagline: His Legacy Must End... For His Son's Life To Begin.

This film is about James Allen aka Animal (Ving Rhames). A legend on the streets, known for killing. Apparently he gets framed by the police and is sent to prison. He meets a revolutionary by the name of Berwell (Jim Brown) who changes his outlook on the gangster ways. When Animal gets out of prison some 20 odd years later he tries to reconnect with his son Darius (Terrence Howard) ,who has unsurprisingly followed in Animals gangster footsteps, in the hope that he could walk away from it.

Watch it if you're into stories with morals & messages.

Its was okay but the plot got lost somewhere along the movie but found itself again towards the end.
April 27, 2008
very good movie. Great "break the chain" moral to it. Acting was not so good though...
½ April 18, 2008
you waiting and waiting for a litle bit of action and nothing..for me it's just a litle story with not much in it..the movie don't really has a point...actors are good but the movie not at all
April 16, 2008
This was a moving movie. Ving Rhames and Terrence Howard put up very good performances.
March 29, 2008
this movie is a good ving rhames movie
March 28, 2008
I was very surprised at the power of this low budget film. Much better than some other crap that is produced. Though what really hurts this movie a lot is the editing. It is choppy and just plain doesn't make sense at some parts really hurting the flow and the rhythm and the feel of the movie. I do like the idea and the direction of the film though, and I am a huge Ving Rhames fan, and he is fantastic in this movie, and Terrence Howard does not disappoint here either. A great film, highly recommended.
March 18, 2008
I didn't know you could get away with a movie in which nothing happens at all but people being gruff grumpy and gangstery.
March 11, 2008
it was totaly not what i thought it was gr8 would watch it over end over!!!!!
March 10, 2008
Seen the second one first for some odd reason, now curious to see this one
February 29, 2008
this movie was surprisingly movie and made lotta sense
½ February 27, 2008
Moving I really liked this
February 22, 2008
rather sad film,what can i say hes his fathers son.....
February 12, 2008
THIS MOVIE IS DEEP CHECK IT OUT
February 11, 2008
rather predictable and unoriginal , however credit to the star actors for showing some patches of class. The most dissapointing thing is they made a sequel?*??**^% come on seriously how can rhames character come back to life after the ending in this movie, or mre to the point how does this film merit a sequel??
February 5, 2008
sick - Terrence Howard and ving Rhames are awesome
½ January 15, 2008
looks very very good I really want to see it
January 11, 2008
If you never been in the envronment that this movie depicts then you might not like it but that dosent make it a bad film.