The Skeleton Key - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Skeleton Key Reviews

December 4, 2017
I totally disagree with the critics. One of the best horror movies I have seen. Get out actually was much worse.
October 29, 2017
Although the movie really presents a bad ending (well, at least, some dull closure) and has some script issues, it's really intriguing and counts with a blasting performance from the usually insipid-sugarly-romantic-comedy-actress, Kate Hudson. Best movie I've seen her act, so far.
October 23, 2017
Great movie, really good story
October 19, 2017
Interesting, but can be dull and unintentionally humorous
August 20, 2017
Great great great must seeeeeee! Don't understand why people don't like it! Horrible movie taste - those people who don't like it
August 17, 2017
This movie is good, is only underrated
July 6, 2017
Brutally slow build up, with some pointless scenes, were made up for with unsuspecting, yet well planned twists. I enjoyed all performances that, sadly, didn't bring any terrifying scenes.
½ June 30, 2017
Mephisto Waltz wants it plot back.
½ May 16, 2017
Review (1~5)

#Content: Script 4 | Acting 4 | Cinematography 3 | Film Editing 3

#Visual: Costume Design 3 | Makeup & Hairstyling 3 | Scenic Design 4 | Lighting 3 | Visual Effects 3

#Sound: Score & Soundtracks 5 | Sound Editing & Mixing 4

#Overall (1~10): 5
½ March 1, 2017
i like this movie a lot it keeps you guessing and makes you think
June 10, 2016
great acting , spooky Bayou environment and a great twist at the end all add up to make this a true horror classic
½ May 9, 2016
Well written and acted thriller! If you haven't seen it check out this movie!
April 2, 2016
never forget the ending!
½ March 7, 2016
Much better than the headline rating suggests - there are subtle, concealed, thought-provoking elements to the plot which should have raised this film well above the "formulaic" accusations being made. The flaw - and it is a significant one - is that the first half hour is as dull as hell and fails to engage the audience with the characters.
March 2, 2016
Hudson rubbing her hands, closing her eyes, and rocking her head back and forth in one scene is just too corny and stupid in order to watch the whole movie!
December 29, 2015
This horror took a long time to get going. I fell in and out of sleep during the second half so can't realy say if it's good or not, just that it wasn't good enough to keep me awake.
November 14, 2015
Atmospheric and frightening, that is all that a good horror movie should have. This one has them both.
November 2, 2015
It works as a psychological thriller if not an authentic voodoo tale. If this were a mathematical geometry problem,
the ending is phenomenal and a wonderful 'proof' to the whole story.
October 31, 2015
Great story. Scary without use of gore or shock. Satisfying plot. Slow and beautiful.