Addicted - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Addicted Reviews

December 26, 2013
i really liked how the whole movie went... the pace of it just fit somehow.
December 14, 2012
This seems really interesting, and hollywood is remaking it, so I must see the original first. ;D
½ September 12, 2011
a strange, strange story. the twist was quite obvious, so that's in the negative - but the ending was nice, so there's some counterpoint. beautiful photography.
July 18, 2011
Bought but not yet watched
June 13, 2011
Very nice movie. Well written. Beautiful. Great actors. Rather slow paced, but kept me wondering what was to come next...complete with unexpected twists This movie has one of the most tender, and erotic, lovemaking scenes that I can remember ever seeing on film.
½ March 2, 2011
I am new to kmovies & kdramas. I love this movie. I did not see the end coming. It is a wonderful romantic movies. The movies "birth" w/t Nicole Kidman resembles this movie. Btw, there is an american version with Sarah Michelle Gellar. I plan on seeing it next.
November 16, 2010
Encore une sombre histoire, un amour presque malsain mais racontà (C) avec pudeur et rà (C)alisme.... acteurs talentueux, et dà (C)nouement presque inattendu. à voir absolument
August 27, 2010
A quite good drama. Although it seems, atleast to me, abit silly how everyone seriously believed in the concept of possession and the idea of souls. But all in all a well made movie that I probably would have given a higher rating if it weren't so slow and predictable.
½ June 8, 2010
The sex in this was Ow?! And the ending was Damn! This movie was seriously twisted, not in a sick way but in a OMG! kind of way. It's messed up. An unpredictable movie.
May 13, 2010
Good film, good acting, but not for the impatient. Ending is a bit contrived..
April 28, 2010
Mi-Yeon: "Are you possessed with the spirit of my dead husband?"
Byung-hun: "Does it matter? I'm better looking (and not to mention I'm one of the four Asian tigers)"
Mi-Yeon: "Hmmm...let me think...uh..I guess not."
Byung-hun: "[Thinking] I thought so...."

Addicted is a semi-supernatural, dark, love story with a "dispelling" twist at the end. Unfortunately, similar to other Korean movies Addicted's ending is somewhat weak and left more or less open ended. Some viewers may say the director did this on purpose to allow the viewer to make up their own ending. I disagree. The screenplay/storyline was just weak. Not to mention as particularly long, slow moving, unrevealing, love scene. (It was so long, drawn out and drab, I was almost tempted to turn the movie off.)

As for acting, Byung-hun Lee (a.k.a. Storm Shadow from GI Joe), and the rest of the actors performed decently without anything spectacular of note. In fact, I believe anyone could have been chosen to act in this movie and it really would not have made a difference.

In all, Addicted is one of those average Korean movies that doesn't stand out. Perhaps if Byung-hun Lee was not its main actor, this movie may have gone forgotten. This movie is only recommended for rental if you're a Byung-hun Lee fan, though it really wasn't one of his best roles. I can't even say it was a good love story but rather more like a dark drama.
April 28, 2010
it is unexpected story..omg!
April 8, 2010
Addicted is a fascinating movie. A film that blends remarkablly well, the ingredients of thriller and subtleties of romance, with the suspenseful tones of the supernatural. This is one those movies that make Korean Cinema stand out. A Smashing-Good Film.
March 31, 2010
Very twisted at the end, but nothing really unique about this movie.
February 15, 2010
(***): Thumbs Up

A love story with a dark twist that I thought worked rather well overall.
December 7, 2009
Me: it's so creepy.
Friend: and yet you still finished it!
... oh, and naturally there exists a Hollywood remake.
October 19, 2009
"Addicted" is a slow paced Korean, romantic thriller that only slightly borders on horror movie territory. This is one of those few movies where I can honestly say I'm looking forward to it being remade by Americans - not because the original sucked, but because I want to see the same story presented in a new way and with a new perspective. "Addicted" has a great storyline/plot which is pretty much the only stand-out thing in this movie. With a script like this, you cannot go wrong. It's a powerful love story mixed with a story about an obsession so deep and so profound that it is almost scary. The actors are not too bad, but they really could have been better. I think the only person who played their role with vigour was Byung-hun Lee, and he did a great job with the material (particularily in the end). Now while the twist in the movie is pretty predictable (several characters state what the twist will be at various points in the movie), Byung-hun Lee does a decent job at convincing you otherwise. With some patience and some willingness to accept that this isn't a flashy American movie, you'll come to enjoy "Addicted" in the same way I did.
½ August 27, 2009
Addicted (2002) First I could not get the subtitles to work. Now they are working but very light and white and still very hard to read. This is a supernatural type movie from S Korea. Two Brothers both have car accidents in different areas at the same time. Seems their minds are transposed both are hurt badly. The younger brother had long b een in love with his brothers wife. It is more a a love story than supernatural thriller. Its ok I am not sure why I rented it. Not my usual type of movie. three stars. acceptably boring.
August 27, 2009
When you love someone you can do everything. Lie to everybody in the world even consider yourself to be someone else. Good story, good actors and LBH's bum is definately beautiful. ha ha ha.
½ July 19, 2009
this film was psychologically thrilling & the plot twist was absolutely gold. amazing acting by both female & male leads. it's a very romantic & sacrificial love that the guy has~