Slipstream - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Slipstream Reviews

April 11, 2015
Not a reasonably terrible flick, but one that can be enjoyed once. It has quick action but a terrible story.
½ February 8, 2015
Rubbish Time-Travel Drama. After Such Succes For The Two Lead Actors In LOTR, X-Men & Snatch...You Sit Left Wondering How?? & Why!? Did They Even End Up In This Crap..Ugh! ..Embarrassing.
½ May 24, 2013
Interesting movie, quite entertaining.
December 27, 2012
Slipstream is a very smart film that benefits from likable characters and an insightful screenplay. So the plot is about a geek played by Sean Austin and slightly gun crazy bank robber Vinny Jones. The two of them make a brilliant double act, one is testing the machine in the bank with a girl he fancies and the other is plotting to rob it. Vinny gets hold of the time machine but doesn't know what he as but when he does it is too late in one scene as he can't save the one he loves as time is not on his side. One of the things I really liked about this film was the musical score by Rob Lord he really captured the moments just right which help set the tone as this film is fast and not just because of the ten minute window but because - as in all action movies - there is a sense of a roller-coaster ride to which the action is based around. I really liked it.
November 13, 2012
Generic sci-fi adventure.
½ August 26, 2012
This movie reminds me of "In Time" and "Immortals", but in a bad way.
The first also had a mind-blowingly awesome and cool premise/devices, but didn't explore that concept's full potential.
The second just had an excessive amount of slow-motion action sequences.

That being said, I (who mostly watches current Hollywood flicks) found it refreshing to see no actors or actresses I had seen before, which sorta gave the movie's characters more depth as I didn't associate any actor/actress with the kind of role they usually have.

Beyond that, though the movie's storytelling could've been smoother, the main character's gaze more focused, and the ending a bit less predictable and therefore convenient.

-SPOILER ALERT-

Regarding the time travel itself, the suspension of belief required was a little too high. Moving in time AND space? No one around you reacting to your inexplicable clothes change? Physical contact with the device needed but only to a point? The list goes on.
January 23, 2012
Slipstream (2005)

Directed by: David van Eyssen
R, 1 hr. 29 min.

Slipstream is a very ordinary romp take on the time-travel novelty device, set to be a money gambit for a little known back office high security science nerd, the problem is the prototype status of it and he (terribly written in character Sean Austin) must iron out all the discrepancies in the field all while a bank robber gets wind of it and become a tri-fector with the FBI to set things in their 'priority order of events'

Fails to excite as an action and the tongue in cheek dosn`t make a bump really either.
September 12, 2011
I enjoyed this movie a lot. Loved the storyline it in and Vinnie Jones was great in it. Good time pasting movie for sure.
½ July 19, 2011
I haven't seen this in a while, but I remember it being good! LOL It had a great score by composer Rob Lord and I've been trying to track down for years, but the music has never been released.
½ July 19, 2010
While not a phenomenal movie, this movie works well with what it has...it seems to be low-budget but manages some decent SFX and the story actually moves you from location to location rather quickly. The acting was decent and I like the cast. Worth the night's weekly entertainment.
½ April 30, 2010
Ajme, dosadnog li i razvu─?enog filma.
February 5, 2010
"You know the World Wide Web? You're like a fly trapped in it."

Sean Astin is just the shit so...this movie couldn't go to wrong.
Interesting ideas and techno-babble. Theoretically travelling back in time isn't entirely impossible...traveling forward however would be alot trickier, seeing how it hasn't happened yet. In the movie Stuart claims his company funds the research for his time travel project, codename Slipstream, but they are too cheap to fund a project for traveling forward in time. (lol) The covered alot of bases on this one too, for instance, when a few of the characters would get shot and proceeded to travel back in time, the reason the bullet wasn't still lodged inside them (since the slipstream effects anything that is touching the user when activated), is because the villians were using armor-piercing bullets, resulting in the bullets to simply pass right through them. Good Movie.
½ September 6, 2009
Not only does this DVD feature NO CLOSED CAPTIONS or English subtitles, it doesn't feature the ability to hold an attention span. If it's not the 45-second, needless gunfight spin, it's the lead terrorist 'becoming bored' and encouraging a newly-taken busload of hostages to engage in a sing-along. I haven't turned off a DVD in disgust in years, but this finally beats out "Alone in the Dark" for THE worst DVD I sadly own. What happened, Samwise?
½ April 4, 2009
I want that watch of his.
February 27, 2009
great for an Independent film...good story
½ February 17, 2009
Ovo je apslutno grozno u svakom mogucem pogledu. Jadna li majka svakom ko ovo pokusa da odgleda u cugu. Potrebna je temeljna psiholoska priprema. Ne zna se sta je najgore - rezija, gluma ili scenario. Sve briljira u negativnom smislu. Zaista, ne pamtim kad sam gledao ovako los film.
½ February 16, 2009
Clumsy, and painful...three lead characters, three different movie genres...if you want a trippy time travel film try Primer.