Slipstream - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Slipstream Reviews

January 30, 2009
I liked this movie, it moved at a breakneck pace and most of the characters were pretty rounded except a few of the robbers. Wish Stuart had said a little more after what he was going to do at the end though, the jumping into a pool doesn't really help clarify.
½ September 26, 2008
Not too bad. After a basic review of how time works from our viewpoint, we get right into the action, seeing Stuart use his time-travel to ask a girl out, and then things really kick off with a bank robbery interruption. Althoug the device is never fully used (they mention traveling into the future but it's not shown at all), it's still pretty intriguing. Vinnie Jones is underused, as though the director just told him to scream and growl for all of his lines, so that part wasn't cool. Likewise, Sean would be convincing as Stuart, but every now and then he would just act like an idiot and then be back to normal, so not too sure about that. No opinion on generic FBI agent girl, but overall the movie was fun.
½ September 12, 2008
I saw who was in it and thought, I like Sean Astin. I can't stand Sean Astin anymore
August 29, 2008
great movie everyone should watch this
August 25, 2008
Very trippy. But then I'm a sucker for time travel movies. I thought it was well made, without major holes in the plot.
July 5, 2008
The movie starts very philosophical with the issue surrounding the time.
We get thrown into direct action, before the theme in the movie is explained and the plot thickens. What happens to be a simple task for two FBI agents proves to be more than what can be handled.
The movie tries to be humorous whereas Sean Astin throws out some phrases, that are supposed to be funny without much luck in times. Vinnie Jones plays the bad guy and mostly saves the movie alot.
All in all, good entertainment involving an interesting theme.
June 30, 2008
Low budget but great movie. Intelligent plot & dialog coupled with action & comedy make it enjoyable.
½ May 11, 2008
Pretty nice time-travel flick.
April 26, 2008
nice try...seriously though, I can't believe I made it through the entire film. Corny as heck and terrible dialog.
April 13, 2008
it was an awesome movie,very inovative use of playing the footage backwards which is never done in mainstream cinema.they show the scenes from different angles during the reversal too. one nictpick is that all pilots are trained on what to do when the cabin depressurizes
½ April 11, 2008
Trop facile, on s'emmerde un peu
½ March 23, 2008
not that bad, see it if u want...
½ February 14, 2008
A festering sinkhole in Hell could cough up a better movie than this wretched piece of shit; stunningly awful direction, alternately pretentious and ridiculous dialogue, terrible acting, and a plotline like "Back to the Future" crossed with "Time Chasers" written by someone with Downs Syndrome - AVOID AT ALL COSTS, UNLESS YOU WANT TO VOMIT EVERY MEAL YOU'VE EATEN FOR THE PAST THREE DAYS, THEN MURDER SOMEONE YOU LOVE (because the movie just inspires feelings of resentment, self-loathing, and utter hatred for humanity), IT'S JUST THAT FUCKING TERRIBLE!!!!
February 9, 2008
bad,awful,sucky. Stay away at all costs !
February 6, 2008
good concept but the movie sucks
½ January 20, 2008
"Cone de Tempo" (port.) - Vi o filme em DVD a 19/01/08. Estava à espera de melhor. A história é pobre e os efeitos especiais são fracos.
½ January 20, 2008
Entertaining, thats it.
January 17, 2008
This was impressively good. I had thought that Sean Astin was a one-time-wonder with Lord of the Rings, but this surprised me, with a cool story, some good acting and some great slow motion shots in the intro. Nice job, recommended.
January 2, 2008
Acting was almost campy. Effects were good, but cheesy.
December 12, 2007
proves that you don't need whale of a budget to make great sci-fi. The core idea is genius and with better production it would have been a classic.