Capote Reviews

• Jul 07, 2019

Phillip Seymour Hoffman transforms into Capote with one of the best performances I've seen him in. Recommend all the way through

• Jun 08, 2019

A biographical film about famous American writer Truman Capote when he decides to investigate and report the murder of a Kansas family committed by two convicts. But the peculiar bond he starts to share with one of them during his research changes his perspective of life and leads him to write his most famous novel "In Cold Blood". The award-winning performance of Philip Seymour Hoffmann is undeniably perfect and goes beyond the limits of acting: the best work of his entire career. The whole movie delves into psychological territory and even makes us question ourselves on the concepts of morality, good and evil.

• May 16, 2019

It's a Hoffman show, and it almost made me believe that they dive in deep just to see more of him as this infamous writer. Capote Miller capes the authenticity of 40s filmmaking. It is informative, yes. Definitely, inspiring. But what has evolved since then in filmmaking is to crowd the film with surprising visits with buffed up but toned content whose priority is to keep the viewers engaging. Swooping in every trick, somehow, Bennett Miller, the director, lost the grasp of the final ingredient that balances the fictional or like here real word. If the world is practically stashed around formal dull government papers, then our host is frankly bedazzling us with his tricks. The profile is scintillating. To a degree that it blurs out the background world that it resides in. Is it the character or the actor? I am going to lean towards Philip Seymour Hoffman. Not that Truman Capote himself isn't intriguing but if played by someone else maybe he'd have come across a bit reserved and mellow in his language. But not Hoffman. No, sir. He comes from the exotic tales of P.T. Anderson. And also, personally, I have always felt like Hoffman is kind of a bragger. He loves to flaunt his skills. No matter how poised or formal, he is. He enters the frame and you are drawn to him. It is almost like he is dancing, with a straight face and not-so-steady eyes. The caliber of the cast is impeccable, from Katherine Keener to Chris Cooper and as much as supportive they are, there is barely any place for them to be in charge. I was drawn to almost-like-trash talks occurring in the cell not by screaming but whispering, Hoffman and Clifton Collins Jr. resists an intense war in that cell. But above all, what's captivating is the stillness in that cell, steady and calm was their nature, discussing pivotal points of their life, fighting over the title, he loses, Capote does.

• Mar 01, 2019

Very strong performance in sad movie.

Very strong performance in sad movie.

• Feb 16, 2019

Hoffman’s acting is superb. Almost creepy. The story is intense and we follow what is happening and are eager to see the outcome. The friendship in the story is quite touching.

• Dec 27, 2018

Truman is an emotional performance from one of Hollywood's finest actors that delivers the full picture behind Capote's sensational life.

• Nov 27, 2018

the end was very sad but overall a great movie

the end was very sad but overall a great movie

• Sep 02, 2018

Watch in HD quality: http://filmy.ehq.pl/movies/capote/

Watch in HD quality: http://filmy.ehq.pl/movies/capote/

• Aug 08, 2018

Philip Seymour Hoffman's greatest acting ever. This is a movie about Truman Capote of how he studies for various references for his non-fiction books which are considered as one of the greatest classic all time: In Cold Blood. One of his praised works is hiding a dark side behind Truman Capote himself and is one of his most ambitious works since he never released another book since. this A study of one character who experiences his integrity of someone he cannot resolve and usually floats by his own shadow.

• Apr 26, 2018

Ok movie starring Philip Seymour Hoffman.

Ok movie starring Philip Seymour Hoffman.