Festival - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Festival Reviews

July 26, 2011
More dramatic than the Edinburgh festival ever gets, the ensemble plot isn't bad, but most of the characters are annoying.
July 24, 2011
actually saw a scene of this getting filmed one night. decent.
July 18, 2011
I might be a bit biased because I'm an Edinburgh resident but I love this film. It makes me feel so much better about having to live in Edinburgh in August. Schadenfreude is a wonderful thing! It also seems to manage to capture the mad mood of the city during the Festival and is laugh out loud funny though. Bias aside it's a delightful quirky little black comedy.
March 9, 2009
This film isn't very good. It tries too hard be an English dogme comedy but this is no Festen, its more like Mike Figgis's Hotel and if you know what im taking about, you know that that's not a good thing. Highlights are Chris O'Dowd & Clive Russell's performances, a star each!
October 4, 2008
Works better as a TV series maybe. It has its moments though!
½ April 1, 2008
A delightfully whimsical piece of cinema that I highly recommend. The storyline is relatively ambitions but is pulled off very well by a strong cast and excellent script that contains a heady mix of both dark comedy and touching tragedy garnished with a sprinkling of musing introspect. The film seems to polarise people one way or another (you either love it or hate it) but if you've ever experienced the Fringe in all of its glory you'll appreciate how well "Festival" captures the essence and atmosphere of this once a year happening.
March 23, 2008
just very very boring!
March 20, 2008
some of the best movie lines ever. i was laughing all the way through
March 15, 2008
This film just wastes all of the great comic talent that it has by trying to be a properish film about the edinburgh fringe and let comedy come from situations and odd ball characters. About as fun as having dental surgery done with a chainsaw.
March 15, 2008
March 13, 2008
This film has the potential of being a hilarious comedy.Some really fabulous performances. It does get a wee bit messy later.
½ February 22, 2008
The first time I thought it was funny. The second time I thought it was heartbreaking. It's both. It's brilliant
½ February 10, 2008
Laughed my ass off. :D
January 18, 2008
I have a strange love/hate thing with this film, it is very good in places but somehow as a whole it is kind of rubbish. It is a great British comedy in that it is hidiously depressing and awful things happen to everyone with suicide, relationship breakdowns and the fulitity of dreams being explored. Still Stephen Mangan is great playing his usual character, Raquel Cassidy is brilliantly understated, the Canadians are fantastic and the two Irish actors are great but the moments of briliance tend to be overshadowed by the rest of it like too many characters and explict sex.
December 23, 2007
me rei mucho. una pelicula muy aguda sobre lo apestosos que son cierto tipo de actores. de las mejores peliculas inglesas que he visto
½ December 14, 2007
Awful. Badly acted, unfunny and had every cliche in the book. If you're going to try to take the piss out of a comedy festival you've got to at least be almost funny.
October 31, 2007
Fantastic, i don't understand why its so under rated. Not quite as good as The Book Group but damn close!
½ October 3, 2007
Def recommend it. It is slightly bizarre and you will have to rewind that bit with Stephen Mangan and the woman with the teeth and the hair. Watch it, you'll know what I'm saying.
September 30, 2007
When comedy isn't funny anymore, I think this film is about the limits of comedy, and it shows that just beautifully