Strangers with Candy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Strangers with Candy Reviews

½ March 21, 2016
Just AWFUL HORRIBLE
May 13, 2015
Although it's really nothing more than an extended episode of the series, fans of the show's verbal non-sequiturs and satirically "offensive" humor will find plenty to enjoy here.
½ February 26, 2015
Good comedy. I enjoyed the show a lot and was entertained by this movie. However, be warned that it is a telling of the show and not a continuation of the show.
½ December 31, 2014
Hilarious in a Tracy Ulman kind of way...only better. I laughed often and heartily at this over-the-top, crazy comedy.
December 16, 2014
stupid but hilarious
May 18, 2014
as a whole its not that good but the story is not hard to sit through because stephen colbert and his co stars have really funny moments.
December 27, 2013
I'm sorry, but I've a soft spot for the TV series and for Amy Sedaris. If you loved the series, you will enjoy the movie. If you expect it to be more than a longer than usual episode of that series, you will be disappointed. This would have worked better as a Comedy Central Special.
May 11, 2013
Funny movie with great cast. Could have been much better though.
½ May 3, 2013
March 21, 2013
A pale comparison to the show. I could be tempted to rate it lower, but hanging out with these characters is still fun no matter what.
½ March 7, 2013
Funny, but I didn't like it as much as the tv show...still had some good bits.
February 3, 2013
God Damn it, I Love Strangers With Candy. Now eyes to the back of the room!
January 3, 2013
Not quite as funny as the show but still really good
December 29, 2012
*awesome* Doesn't quite reach the great heights of the TV show, but 'good times' anyway.
December 12, 2012
Having not been familiar at all with the show, I found the very bizarre humor in Strangers with Candy to be quite funny actually.
December 7, 2012
not my cup of tea ..........
October 31, 2012
Much better than the show, but still not that great.
September 29, 2012
Missing some of the charm of the TV show, but still funny and offensive enough to be true to the television series
September 23, 2012
Think about it. I haven't.