Strangers with Candy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Strangers with Candy Reviews

July 29, 2012
Fantastic cast, very underrated movie. It's silly and fun, you will laugh, there is no doubt there.
July 23, 2012
Umm..a few hilarious parts, but overall: VERY stupid!
½ June 22, 2012
she was jus' hilarious
June 7, 2012
The TV series may be my all-time favorite show, but the movie isn't quite on its level.
May 15, 2012
Amy Sedaris plays Jerri Blank, a washed-up junkie and former prostitute who decides to finish high school after her prison release. Jerri, after acquainting herself with the student body, strains to cope with a tumultuous family situation while competing in her school's science fair. Like the television show that spawned this film, Strangers With Candy riffs on after-school specials with ribald humor, biting satire, and vicious wit. Established fans of the TV show will likely have fun here, but this movie also serves as an effective and funny introduction to the characters.
April 28, 2012
Loved the series but this wasn't needed ...it was a bit of nonetheless!!
½ April 24, 2012
not quite as funny as the show but still a must see for any fan.
April 21, 2012
A little bit of Strangers With Candy goes a long way. The few episodes of the show I've seen are hilarious. The movie is funny too, but wears out its welcome fast.
½ April 18, 2012
Love the tv show but this movie flatlines.
½ April 12, 2012
This movie is so wrong in every way, but it is so funny! I can't beleve how many one liners are in this movie.
½ April 7, 2012
Everything about this movie is amazing. Another one thatll make you pee. Hahah
April 3, 2012
As much as I like Amy and her brother David Sedaris, I just can't get interested in this one.
½ April 1, 2012
As a fan of the TV show this movie is a delightful recap of the series. Amy Sedaris, Paul Dinello and Colbert Report's Steven Colbert reprise their roles. A role or two was re-cast or changed completely but doesn't affect the movie experience for fans of the show. The movie also have hysterical cameos by Sarah Jessica Parker (Sex and the City), Matthew Broderick (Ferris Buller's Day Off, The Producers, Lion King) Phillip Seymour Hoffman (Every Movie known to man), and Allison Janney (Juno, American Beauty, Hairspray.) It's filled with the same hilarious politically incorrectness that made the show such a cult classic. If you love bizarre ribald campy movies I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS MOVIE. Although it is not as funny as the show, you'll still laugh your butt off.
March 26, 2012
This is so hilarious I'm left wondering why I didn't watch this show religiously.
March 25, 2012
ABSOLUTELY LOVE EVERY EPISODE OF THE SERIES AND THE MOVIE IS HILARIOUSSSSS
½ March 14, 2012
This is one of the most bizarre movies I have ever seen, and for that reason I think everyone should see it! Some times it was laugh out loud funny, and other times I was peering through my fingers in a 'what were you thinking?' kind of way! Whatever you think of it. It's definitely original!!
½ February 23, 2012
Worse then driving in a car from Pierre to Brownsville with garrulous chatters
February 14, 2012
Her face makes me cringe.
January 23, 2012
a bit repetitive from the series, but still pretty funny.
January 6, 2012
Found it much less entertaining than the series.