A Distant Thunder - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

A Distant Thunder Reviews

September 28, 2009
POWERFUL GREAT MOVIE
½ June 17, 2009
The profound message is lost in a confused and muddle story. I was only enjoying the film in the courtroom scene up until the mother was called to the stand. Too many ideas and not great performances from some of the leads and supports. All in all it was a worthy effort but failed miserably.
April 20, 2009
Thunder Riders Community
August 1, 2008
I'll just paste my Netflix review: I caught a preview for this while channel surfing when I came across one of the local religious channels. The director of this film was being interviewed. It got my curiosity and I decided to watch to see what was so moving about this short film. The acting wasn't bad. The storyline was silly. The twist at the end surprised me but the storyline was weak. I found this film to be dumb and no different than any other piece I've seen to demonize roe v wade. They use emotion rather than logic but what do you expect from a one-sided film? I wouldn't even say it was moving. Although it moved me to put it back in it's sleeve and ship it back with a 1 star rating.
½ November 27, 2005
This gripping short entertains while it intrigues. At the end of the suspense, a subtle, yet strong point is thrust upon the viewer.
This is by far the best short I've seen this year. Bravo to writer and director Jonathan Flora!