Breakfast on Pluto - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Breakfast on Pluto Reviews

½ September 2, 2013
Overall the film felt quite directionless, as directionless as the film's main character Patrick "Kitten"'s life felt to her, but without any narrative tools suitably tying those together. So, not brilliant, nor amazing. Still, there were two main things the movie brought to me- these were highlighted in my eyes of this particular slice of living life on Earth presented by the film. One of them, taking place & built up over time, manifested as a pastiche of violent events in my mind- the amazing trick of evil that causes an individual's own ideas & projections about a situation or person to act in a way that he or she would likely find abhorrent otherwise. From domestic violence to murder & bombings, the same exact dynamic at the root of all. This was quite effective, though I have no idea how intentional. The second thing brought to my attention was the countenance of this mixed spirit individual known as "Kitten". I have known people, though not closely, like Kitten who lived from their core, simply, seemingly fearlessly, and seemingly without compromise and I have never understood it. I am quite a cautious person myself and have never really, truly understood that there are those to whom using some sort of camouflage toward continued existence on Earth (i.e. not dying) would not really be a serious option. Only now in my forties am I coming to understand this through my own life, in my own way. Kitten is true to herself throughout her life in this film, and it is certainly an interesting little filmic diary. Outstanding, no. Worth a watch, and quite good- yes. Recommend.
August 28, 2013
Touching movie Murphy is incredible
July 7, 2013
CIllian Murphey is a Dream
½ May 19, 2013
A tiresome yet colourful tale
April 2, 2013
This is one of my favorite films of all time with a riveting performance from the tragically under-rated Cillian Murphy
March 31, 2013
neat story, pretty funny, great acting
½ March 15, 2013
Patrick "Kitten" Braden: If I wasn't a transvestite terrorist, would you marry me?
March 4, 2013
I love 70s glam rock and T. Rex and David Bowie, but this felt really aimless.
½ January 13, 2013
Cillian Murphy makes a beautiful 'Kitten'. It's on cable if you get a chance, catch it.
½ January 4, 2013
Muy buena, Cillian Murphy esta muy bien en otro film mas de Mr Jordan, que cuenta con todas las tematicas recurrentes en su obra.
December 24, 2012
Possibly the most bizarre movie I have ever seen in my life. I couldn't stop watching it. He made an extremely convincing confused man.
½ December 7, 2012
Makes a fine addition to my collection.
November 24, 2012
So infuriatingly episodic that at times it feels like it was adapted from a book of short stories, but so well acted and so charming that it is difficult not to enjoy it. This could have been a wonderful film, had some of the tangenital vignettes been cut out, and others (such as the bombing) focused on more.
½ November 14, 2012
The thing with these kind of movies is that they miss out on where the richest area of storytelling is located. Hear it's with Kitten and her group of friends instead of kitten by herself. Most of the scenes they show with her friends are the blandest and the interesting events are either watered down or happen off screen. While Kitten may be the most exotic one of the bunch(& Cillian Murphy plays the role beautifully), she falls short without people to support her.
November 12, 2012
Ultimately, I just wasn't very compelled by the plight of the main character.
October 24, 2012
Neil Jordan's usual IRA and transvestite elements with a brilliant 70s soundtrack
September 15, 2012
With all it's twists and turns, Breakfast at Pluto leaves you hungry for lunch.
September 3, 2012
This was one of the best movies I've seen in a long, LONG time! It's halarious and just really moving...
August 27, 2012
Cillian Murphy does a great job in this movie.
August 24, 2012
This movie was so good. It was one of those movies that you can't help smiling at the end. Cillian Murphy was perfect in this part. I think this is in my top 5 favorite movies.