Pariah - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pariah Reviews

February 15, 2017
If you like Romper Stomper, Boondock Saints and such - you will like this.
February 19, 2012
Unintentionally hilarious gang movie that overcomes its budgetary limitations with some energetic performances and frenzied direction. Despite the lurid violence and bellowing, its sheer physicality and verve makes the faux-grindhouse bollocks of Tarantino and co, look like the moisterised hogwash it is. Extra star for an amazingly OTT performance from David Lee Wilson as the psychotic gay skinhead.
½ September 22, 2011
I usually like skinhead films but this is quite boring and the script is messy. Good thing that there are lots of eyecandy!
May 9, 2011
Camera work is the worst i have ever seen,but if you can get throught the fact it looks like its done on a cheap video camera,its actually quite a good film.
½ September 13, 2009
Jostain syystä dvd ei toiminut kunnolla mutta katoin tän mustavalkoisena ja johan oli vitun rankka elokuva! Ei tuu ees mieleen kattoo väreissä uudestaan, mv sopii paremmin! Jos uusnatsi-pätkät kiinnostaa niin tää on aika must see!
August 30, 2009
This is the movie that 'Romper Stomper' wanted to be. A raw and vulgar flick !
½ May 7, 2009
I approached this film thinking it looks like a more realistic portrayal of skinhead culture because of the film's underground status, but really, its just very amaturish, terribly written, and features some of the worst characters i have seen in a independent film. Most of the time skinhead films are very racially driven keeping you interested, but there was nothing edgy about this except a few quick beatdowns. If the point of this was to show how dumb nazi skinheads are by making a bad movie about them, then mission accomplished.
½ January 15, 2009
A catastrophy!Nothing makes sense in this movie..did I hear a few seconds of Mentors and Danzig in this piece of crap?well..there´s your 1/2 star.
Gimme a break!
August 13, 2008
The editing was sloppy. The dialog was pretty weak. The acting wasn't great. At times the acting was a little too bad. (After the rape scene where it's suppose to be a tense moment the acting is so bad that you almost laugh, which isn't really the mood you're suppose to have, you know. Only from the guy, though, who comes off as a whinny non-acting bitch. The girl was pretty dead on. Actually, he was surprisingly a much better actor actor this scene... and the whole feel of it increased after this. Maybe they made the first half hour before they had money to really fund the rest and the made he rest of the movie later. Who knows. ) The look of it was shaky at times.

That's all the technical stuff. As for the story, it really laked something. It portrayed skinheads as these ruthless rapist killer gang. Which is ok, but there was no real reason why they did what they did. With many of the other skinhead movies it develops a little into the minds of the skinheads and you begin to get why they do what they do. This is just showing white trash hurting people. I hate to be so cliche as to compare this to American History X, but at least in that you knew how Edward Norton became a skinhead. What motives he had. Why he did what he did...

"So like have you ever been raped before?" "No, my dad used to touch me, but that's ok, he did tat to all my sisters too" "My dad used to f*ck me" "I guess my dad's not that bad then, I could go back home now" -> WTF??? I love how they trivialize serious shit in this movie.

All in all it had the right message if you put hate into the world bad shit comes back to you. I can't help but think, though, if they re-shot a few scenes, dropped a few of the laughs in inappropriate moments, this could have been a great film. However, most of the really emotional scenes were just not done right and were more laughable than cry-able. All in all this was a total "almost" movie.
½ August 9, 2008
Literally the worst film I have ever seen and I've sat through a lot of shit.
½ March 25, 2008
Whoo Wee is this here a stinker for the ages. It's similar if someone was to order a turkey and turd sandwich, and then ask for them to hold the turkey, and could you have more turd in it's place?
I rented this because Ebert gave it a positive review, but looking back on it I think he hated Fight Club more than he liked Pariah.
Awful dialogue, characters acting without motivation, sometimes in direct opposition in how they would react in anything resembling reality, and the weird sensation that the writer has never actually met anyone in his life. Black people approach women to harass them and then punch them in the face, parties are crashed by skinheads with no attempt to call police, not out of cowardice, but more politeness and the characters act like they're in a high school play.
The plot synopsis below is astounding, how anyone could notice subtleties of our lead vigilante noticing or emphasizing with anyone is beyond me. He mopes, yells and stands silently, all very poorly. I had no idea what was going on in any of the characters minds at all. Let me just say this here is a stinkeroo and best avoided.
March 21, 2008
I did not really like this movie.
February 21, 2008
Best racist movie ever
February 18, 2008
very strong and provocative movies. a must see!!!
February 13, 2008
[color=wheat]A good entertaining flick about skinheads full of hate. I've currently been looking into skinhead/neo nazi movies and the genre is actually pretty extensively covered. The 4 that i have seen are american history x, made in britain, pariah, and romper stomper. American History x is undisputably the best of the 4. Following american history x i'd say pariah is the next best of the 4. Although the story lines are very different and pariah seems a little low budget(i have a hard time watching low budget films but there is some good acting to make up for it....although there is also a little bad acting as well) i was still integrued and was able to stay with this movie all the way through. Very entertaining and the hate in these people is expressed very well.[/color]
½ January 26, 2008
A GOOD storyline...could have been pulled off a bit better though. Considering it was made in 1998 it looks pretty dated! Full of violence, rape and racism tho. Typical Nazi ish film really!