11:55 Reviews

• May 03, 2019

Great film, love the director, great guy

Great film, love the director, great guy

• May 03, 2019

Fantastic film!! Really loved it so much!

Fantastic film!! Really loved it so much!

• Jan 05, 2019

Great film and cast. Refreshing to see the good guy in a role that is also realistic. Acurately depicts cultural struggle in and for our great country. Never judge an action without considering just what kind of test that person has faced. In the end, we may all just pass life's exam and earn an honorable discharge or peaceful retirement. Great music score too. I cannot wait to see more from this team.

• Mar 24, 2018

What a powerful film! I was blown away. Such a great cast too!! I love Goya Robles' character and his fierce loyalty. Also, Elizabeth Rodriguez managed to make me laugh my ass off, even in spite of the heavy subject matter - Go girl! Well done all around! It's so refreshing to see artists come together and create magic.

• Mar 19, 2018

Excellent movie with good acting. It kept the tension high.

Excellent movie with good acting. It kept the tension high.

• Dec 18, 2017

This movie had me in tears on multiple levels: 1) I AM NEWBURGH Yes, although I live in the Town of Newburgh, this movie completely captured the spirit of a former marine returning to the dead end they left but with an inner strength and sense of conviction and purpose. I identify completely with Nelson and his desire to move beyond his past. 2) I probably pass that barber shop on the corner of Gidney and Liberty Avenue at least five times per week so hooray for the cinematographer who filmed from the graveyard of my church Calvary Presbyterian Church across the street from that corner. It is more cost efficient to shoot in Newburgh than in Brooklyn. Thankls again for the scouts for picking the right place to shoot these scenes. 3) Gritty - there was nothing fake about the emotions or actions of each character. I know people like this in real life. Let's thank the script writers including the lead actor, for their realistic portrayals of dialogue. that wasn't phony or artificial. 4) Am I too proud for what this film crew did by putting Newburgh on the map?? Love all of you - I have rarely seen a movie get a perfect 100 score so that tells you something: - it is not about big explosions, guns blazing or big breasts - it is all about the STORY. Newburgh is a small city of 33K people with big city problems like unemployment, drugs and poverty. This movie shows that there is another way to handle violence - seeking forgiveness - and that we are ALL connected to our future via our children. This movie spoke truth. Violence is not the answer.

• Dec 16, 2017

Rarely are people from the NYC diaspora portrayed with such depth. Nice work. Saw it a second time with family. The plot builds with depth and suspense with such good directing. I loved the cinematography and score setting the culture, mood and suspense. And each actor was excellent. I will watch it again!

• Dec 10, 2017

11:55 was really good! Powerful, tragic, and complicated. The acting was wonderful and the story unfolded at a pace that allowed me to get attached to Nelson as well as a lot of the other characters (I loved his sis). What a sweet man who has had guns shoved in his hands repeatedly. In Afghanistan his gun handling earned him metals and back home it earned him vilification and a death sentence. Im sure many folks returning from war, who left and come back to disinvested neighborhoods, complicated pasts and uncertain futures could identify with the flick. So well written. Nothing felt forced. Highly recommend.

• Sep 24, 2017

Great movie. I really enjoyed it.

Great movie. I really enjoyed it.

• Sep 24, 2017

This was a great movie. A great view of how forgiveness can look for people who have been enmeshed in a violent way of life. A must see.