Villisca: Living with a Mystery Reviews

• Sep 11, 2012

A very interesting documentary. If you've heard about this murder, you will want to watch this.

• Nov 18, 2010

This movie, about an unsolved 1912 axe murder in Villisca, Iowa, starts out a fairly innocuous local historical society-type documentary and just gets creepier from there. It's unsensational but very thorough, presenting in detail the stories of not only the murder and the suspects, but how the town changed after the event and other curiosities such as interviews with the murdered family's closest living relative and of a unrelated woman who lived in the house as a child after the murders. This is an excellent historical and true crime documentary and if you don't mind not sleeping well for while, I highly recommend it.

• Oct 07, 2008

Pretty interesting, but it was definitely more like a high-grade A&E special than anything else.

• Aug 06, 2008

My father and I visited the actual house where this happened last June!

My father and I visited the actual house where this happened last June!

• Aug 29, 2006

I was fortunate to receive a preview screener of the upcoming true crime movie VILLISCA: LIVING WITH A MYSTERY. This haunting tale takes place in a small town in Southwest Iowa. Villisca’s claim to fame is a brutal axe murder of eight of its citizens–the J.B. Moore family of six, and two little girls who were invited to stay the night. This obscure mystery known as the 1912 Villisca, Iowa axe murders, keeps you guessing about the likely suspect–-a State Senator? A minister? A railroad worker? Almost 100 years later, Villisca still copes with this undesirable part of its history, as curious tourists visit in search of ghosts or clues about the unsolved mystery. The DVD is slated for release Oct. 2006. It features compelling research by Dr. Epperly & Dr. Stillians, and a riveting computer-generated walk-through of the crime scene with discussion by FBI profiler Robert Ressler. It is a crime buff’s find, and as fascinating as the Black Dahlia. More at [url="http://www.villiscamovie.com/"]www.villiscamovie.com[/url].

• Mar 17, 2006

what u expect me to say? it was crap!

what u expect me to say? it was crap!