Hoodwinked - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hoodwinked Reviews

August 9, 2016
BEST SHIT I HAVE EVER SEEN
½ July 13, 2016
I really saw it and it is an absolutely amazing treat for the entire family. And it really makes Shrek look a little more powerful and funny.
July 9, 2016
Sure, the animation is garbage, but the Story Is well written and the characters are enjoyable
June 4, 2016
High quality narration, low standard production! Yet wins fairly.

I'm shocked, this is not a Disney's or the Pixer's, not even DreamWorks' or the Sony's, but a very good film. I meant only the story, though the animation was outdated, even for a film from the 2005. I had trouble watching it in the initial parts, because of the poor technical quality. Once the flashback began, I totally hooked to it and forgot the production standard. The film was saved because of the very good story.

You know retelling the same old tale is so old fashioned, telling a tale in the different angles and adding more flavour to it is the new thing. Like for example the recent 'Maleficent'. So other than those all the awesome qualities, the film is more a television type. But very enjoyable by all.

It has been a decade since it came out and I never tried it because someone told me that it's very bad, but I regret for believing that and ditching it. So believe me it is a wonderful film, except it's not a top notch presentation. It is too short and well worth spending your 80 minutes for it. There's a sequel to it, so I want to try it as well and let you know how it is in another review under that title.

6/10
May 29, 2016
Patrick Warburton's deadpanned and sarcastic Wolf character is easily the best part of this film.
½ March 29, 2016
This movie was clever, hilarious, and heartfelt.
½ March 29, 2016
This movie surprised me! It was clever, hilarious, and heartfelt. I don't understand the low ratings at all.
March 12, 2016
Surprisingly much smarter than the average animated movie. Does a good job of creating a mystery and is very funny and clever. I've watched it multiple times and I thoroughly enjoy it every time.
½ March 12, 2016
A guilty pleasure of mine
½ February 26, 2016
I like how original it is. That's about it.
½ January 10, 2016
Animation was bad, was not a fan of the story, loved the grandma.
December 17, 2015
Interesting animated film
½ December 8, 2015
Hoodwinked's visuals may be inferior to those of the average video game of it's year, but it's still quite an accomplishment for its minuscule budget.
November 22, 2015
I really liked it and I don't normally like animated movie comedies. I appreciated the unpretentious nature of "Hoodwinked" and thought it was a nice break from the "masterpieces" usually delivered to us by Pixar. I get tired of how that studio is always so revered.

The characters had their own nifty stories and they interwove creatively. The crazy goat is loads of fun. I think the songs were well-done. The animation isn't impressive but I still like the large scale of the woods and its atmosphere. The twist is rather silly but then again what isn't here?

When I first saw this I was excited that they'd kept it open for a sequel. However the sequel, which came out much later than expected, is apparently bad and I don't plan to view it. Still, I recommend this first film to anyone who enjoys an hour and a half of easily-accessible humor.
November 12, 2015
Little red riding hood to the extreme.
½ October 5, 2015
Despite its poor animation and sometimes deliberately dumb feel, Hoodwinked also has an entertaining voice cast and some genuine wit and cleverness.
½ September 14, 2015
Shrek it aint though that is what it longs to be.
½ September 6, 2015
I've always loved this movie. It makes me laugh for reasons both good and bad. I don't care what anyone says: if you don't think this is a good film, "You've been Hoodwinked, baby!"
August 27, 2015
It's okay for kids and torture for older viewers.
August 21, 2015
No real funny or smart humor, and the randomness just makes it more stupid. A definite waste of time for anyone looking for a real movie with a better script and better comedy.