Don - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Don Reviews

July 22, 2015
I really liked this one. It showed its age in a good way, but that was part of why I liked it so much.
February 7, 2013
Superb !!!! Watch Amitabh Bachchan as the original Don !!
½ June 24, 2012
one of classic amitabh movie, one of my all time fav.
½ June 13, 2012
Almost 4, but -.5 because of the guy who had the cane, yet backflips
May 17, 2011
DON (1978) the original starring Big B (Amitabh Bachchan). Classic of Indian cinema. Very stylish for its day - the music, sets, costumes and cars - 1970s through and through. A bit dated now. The songs are fun - especially YE MERA DIL and KHAIKE PAAN - both were redone in the 2006 remake starring Shah Rukh Khan.
½ December 3, 2010
i don't actually remember much as i haven't seen it again later but definitely a classic bollywood mafia crime movie. excellent performance, thrilling and classy. superb story and well written. Two thumbs up.
½ August 11, 2010
Amazingly entertaining Bollywood gangster flick.
½ July 27, 2010
Amithabh is awesome! :D
½ December 28, 2009
is the movie that i watched numerous times bt it does nt get boring wenevr i watch it again
July 24, 2009
Classic. This one is a timeless piece.

Amitabh in a dual role of Don was a class act.

After watching Shah Rukh this weekend in Don 2006 I feel both actors did a masterful job.

Both the movies has good action sequences. Although some scenes were copied to the last T.
May 10, 2009
It was my first film with a relatively young Big B, and a real treat! I also loved the heroine! Lots of fun!
shesdownbytheriver
April 10, 2009
No thanks - Not interested
December 10, 2008
no thanks not my kinda thing
September 7, 2008
Although it is very dated compared to many standards and the filmmaking techniques used do feel abit unfinished compared to todays standards, but Amitabh gives a brilliant performance and the amazing 70's Bollywood soundtrack make it an enjoyable movie.
½ August 17, 2008
don was supposed to be the major character but died earlier easily.
½ July 21, 2008
this one was better.
June 23, 2008
Brilliant story, and it's fun to watch, due it being filmed 30 years ago.
June 10, 2008
The Seventies were the Seventies everywhere! I found myself really liking this movie. It is hokey and schlocky all the way through, but it is so earnest it what it is trying to be that I feel in love with it. This should be set next to all the 70's Bond and Blaxpotation films as a true gem of the era.
June 7, 2008
Action hero in full swing in this movie. watch in 10 times.
May 21, 2008
This movie is up there with Deewar as Amitabh's most badass role. The second half gets kind of ridiculous. But Amitabh as Don is as good as the technipolyester 70's gets.