The Poseidon Adventure - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Poseidon Adventure Reviews

March 18, 2017
I want to see the full movie
October 2, 2014
another supermarket DVD 2.99 DVD combo pack purchase
July 18, 2014
Very interesting and different take on the Poseidon adventure, but not so great
July 13, 2014
Loved this film since I was a kid. Freaked me out and kept me interested through-out. Still fun.
February 15, 2014
Decent, though unnecessary, remake. Better than Titanic. Good technically, but weak script and lacking. Still, a satisfying disaster movie that isn`t meant to be pretty. I like Adam Baldwin.
August 17, 2013
Ship with terrorists onboard. Very dangerous!
½ July 29, 2012
Crap version luv the original
July 25, 2012
Really under the 2 cinema's versions!

Cheap effects, cheap dialogues...
What saves the movie is 1st a pretty good cast, 2d, the originality of it compared to the 1st story, adding the terrorists in it.
July 9, 2012
A remake of the 1972 film, a terrorist plants a bomb which capsizes the SS Poseidon.
½ February 5, 2012
On second thoughts, needs more giant shark.
October 3, 2011
It is not as good as the original, but will keep you interested in the movie.
June 2, 2011
Not as good as the Original with Shelly Winters
½ April 2, 2011
No reason for either remake.
½ February 16, 2011
Wasnt that great...very average...i guess less interesting as we can almost guess what is going to happen
January 23, 2011
One of the best disaster movies i have watched.
October 21, 2010
One can only think that this film was put out there the year before the blockbuster remake of the original Poseidon Adventure in order to capitalize on some "free" marketing. A clear mockbuster, it's surprising to find the film isn't all bad.
Acting is quite good with many of the characters portrayed above what would be considered the norm for TV movies. Other characters just benefit from good casting and help create a cast of people you don't mind watching for the 3 hour run time.
While I wanted to give this film 3 stars, it had a couple things that just didn't work for me. The lamest rescue subplot to ever grace the screen just happens to take place in this film. And the fact that near the end of the film, the remaining survivors take 15 minutes of film time to get across a catwalk (when the boat is only minutes from sinking) that's the width of a sidewalk after having climbed, crawled, jumped over a lot worse for most of the film prior to the scene AND are seen walking like nothing is wrong in the following scene... over a catwalk of the same size.
Because of those two things that majorly irked me, I've reduced the rating I would have given the film.
Not a bad film, there's just a few really really bad problems that are hard to overlook.
½ September 13, 2010
Was really good. Loved how they changed up the storyline too this one.
September 13, 2010
Ok, though long and somewhat predictable (Rutger Hauer survives..). Still, enjoyable for the most part
August 31, 2010
Omg I loved this one. I just loved all the characters. Amazingly done.
½ May 9, 2010
Many mediocre films are at least worthy of at least some praise in some area, but this remake of the classic disaster film is genuinely devoid of redeeming features. The Poseidon Adventure is terrible in all aspects. The characters - they are awful, two dimensional and none are appealing. The acting is uniformly awful. Each actor appears simply to be reading off his or her lines at the camera and seem bored and uninterested. Moreover, the dialogue is beyond lame. The Poseidon Adventure was a totally unprofessional outing. The script was terrible, the acting abysmal, the plot superfluous, and the directing beyond contempt.

RATING: "Some Ole' Bulls**t" - Second lowest rating in the system (Negative reaction). These films are truly terrible films. They are not the worst things ever made, but they are definitely awful and should not be seen by anyone...