Adam & Steve - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Adam & Steve Reviews

May 26, 2015
Silly of course, kind of funny at times, yet utterly disgusting with some vomit and diarrhea involved, but never really became what it could been an exceptional laughing matter.
August 3, 2014
Quite sweet I guess, but not sure what the moral of the story was
July 6, 2014
Not really good, but it does have some truly funny moments.
August 31, 2013
I rented this not knowing it was a gay movie, but I just thought what the hell and continued watching. It's OK, some of the characters and situations were silly and weird, and I mean in a cheesy way, and overall there's nothing really special in this movie (except maybe seeing a guy shit the floor with diarrhea), or maybe I'm not too familiar with gay cinema.
May 31, 2013
UTTER guilty pleasure. I can (and have) watched this back to back with itself.
May 9, 2013
dont know what it is bout
April 8, 2013
grouss i would never watch a gay movie sorry but i obey the laws god wrote in the bible.
½ February 14, 2013
A film with a lot of potential, but doesn't quite work. The idea is great and if this had a better budget, with better acting and Judd Apatow at the helm, it would probably be great.
However, here, it is bad direction, unrefined writing and some godawful acting.
Moments of good, but lots of bad. A shame, but would be a great Apatow film.
December 25, 2012
tee hee this film is a funni gay film u dont get many of them
October 4, 2012
Very funny movie & very memorable. Chris Kattan is the only good actor in the movie.
August 14, 2012
Perfect at inducing enjoyable secondhand embarrassment but the musical number at the end sucks
August 10, 2012
I feel the need to defend this movie. The first time I saw it I hated it, but something kept bringing me back to it and I began to appreciate that the sheer ridiculousness and at times corniness was all very much on purpose and wonderfully hilarious. I never get sick of this movie.
½ July 11, 2012
The best gay film I've ever seen.
July 3, 2012
Agrà (C)able comà (C)die romantique gay
½ May 7, 2012
I can't decide what was worse the writing or the "acting". The sad part is that there are a few good actors in here - including the usually brilliant Parker Posey.

Apparently the writers couldn't be bothered to come up with an interesting enough script to keep the audience's attention so it threw in some diarrhea and vomit. This may have been in written by brain damaged 8 year olds.
March 14, 2012
This movie has some of the best one-liners. I love it. I'm a huge Parker Posey fan and this proves why. She's so dry! I love her! A really cute romantic film, with funny moments and a couple of stomach churning ones! All the better! Watch it I say! Double dare you...
February 21, 2012
I love this film, it's excellently written with good wit. Some scenes and timing were uneven but generally good. A very funny film that pokes fun of pop culture and satirical. I can't stop laughing throughout the film, although I didn't quite like the toilet humour being used in the beginning. Adam and Steve are gonna be a good couple. Everyone did a great job in the film.
½ February 15, 2012
De un comienzo decepcionante a tornarse en una comedia con buenas carcajadas. Aun las peliculas malas te pueden hacer reir.
November 11, 2011
This was the second movie I saw at the Reeling Festival a few years ago. I guess it was good that I saw this second, because it lifted my mood after seeing the previous one. Basically, this is a gay romantic comedy. Unfortunately, I felt like it failed on both counts of being romantic or funny. Most of the jokes weren't that great (in fact, some were just stupid, repetitive, and annoying), and the relationship between the title characters didn't feel real. It's like they met and then magically were in love. It wasn't very believable because they were so different and had nothing in common. A past meeting between the two that ties them together (although neither realize it) is more disgusting than funny. The acting wasn't that great either. Adam and Steve gave mediocre performances, but the performances from their friends, portrayed by Chris Kattan and Parker Posey, were awful. Normally, I'd probably give this a 2, but I gave it a couple extra points because it's the first movie I've seen that centered around a gay male couple. (SPOILER: They even end up getting married in the end. aww...) Anyway, unless you're gay and up for a cheap laugh, I doubt you'll enjoy this movie.
November 5, 2011
very funny actually and a bit ridiculous but hey at least it was entertaining.