The Dark - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Dark Reviews

Robbanflix
January 2, 2015
Quite okey horror/thriller movie and i liked it , had same feeling like half light.
May 10, 2014
In no way a cohesive interesting story.
November 16, 2013
A good, supernatural horror movie based in wales starring maria bello & sean bean, both of which are good at acting, which helps to hold the film up well. ok storyline with a wee twist or 2 at the end. Worth a watch.
½ July 20, 2013
This has a low rating but has not been extensively reviewed. I saw it a few years ago, but remember it as a genuinely scary movie, and you will want to keep the lights on after going to bed. It is underrated and I am sure it would fare better if it received wider feedback.
June 23, 2013
A horror set in Wales! Not scary but it was good, i liked the ending. A life for a life.
May 15, 2013
not bad, not bad at all... on a side note: i don't think i've ever seen Sean Bean play a decent roll in a movie ever. don't get me wrong, it's not that i don't like him or that he does a bad job, but he's always that guy who's in the background not doing anything and not helping anyone. come on, man.
NaWia
March 3, 2013
There could have been a little more but still entertaining. I must disagree with a friend, it wasnt actually so confusing.
½ January 8, 2013
ok film but thought it would be better, it isn't a good movie I just thought it was a crap movie, it starred Sean Bean and Maria Bello, I own this movie on DVD, I didn't think it was a good film expected better
ScoopOnline
January 7, 2013
Very nice and suspenful. Just my Piece of Cake.
December 7, 2012
Would like to get round to watching.
September 19, 2012
it will give you a good scare. really scary. . .
September 17, 2012
A bit of the first Silent Hill video game aesthetic mixed with The Wicker Man locations, but with the lights out. Seriously, this movie is way too dark - I would of preferred it better if I could see what was going on. Maybe rename it The Shade and invest in some dim lights. Still, the main couple is well-acted, it's the third best horror film that I've seen that utilizes sheep as a horror plot device and the ending was pretty clever. Did I mention sheep? Yeah! Sheep! See it to support sheep in horror films. Sheep can be pretty damn scary, especially if you get them muddy. Anyways, I digress. Sheep + Sean Bean + quirky ending = two stars.
September 14, 2012
Great scenery, nothing more
April 21, 2012
A complete and utter snooze fest. There was absolutely nothing good about this movie. The acting was horrific, as were the accents, and the story was just plain stupid.
April 21, 2012
April 9, 2012
Enjoyable but the slow pace is failed with a lack of tension that would have raised the plot above the average. The locations and scenery are used to excellent effect and the performances earnest, even the kids in the movie are good. Everything comes down to need for more story and impetus injected into some of the more sparse scenes.
March 14, 2012
Maria Bello acts her socks off as does Sean Bean, but that does not save this film from disappointing me so much at the end I got angry. I didn't need a happy ending... Just a better one!!
½ February 13, 2012
This was heading for a very low rating, and maybe even a switch off, but the last half hour is genuinely creepy and worth the wait.
½ February 10, 2012
Some scary stuff but a bit too dark!