The Oh in Ohio - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Oh in Ohio Reviews

March 14, 2012
I adore Ms Posey. Definitely wortha look.
March 6, 2012
This movie had the worst ending I have ever seen.
March 5, 2012
kind of reminded me of a couple Sex and the City plots thrown together, however I dig Parker Posey's mannerisms so much that I gave this a 3.
½ February 27, 2012
dunyanin ciddi manadaki cekilmis en kotu filmi
February 7, 2012
this sounds funny, never heard of it b4! Where can i see it?!?!?
September 17, 2011
just ok I guess I was expecting more as friends had raved and raved about it-color me disappointed:(
September 14, 2011
Some good moments, great cast, and intriguing plot...and this movie is still not that great. Somehow they take too many wrong turns to make you care. There is little character development. It almost feels like they are trying WAY too hard to win the quirky movie of the year award. I live in Northeast Ohio, and watching my local news I don't hear people mention Cleveland and Ohio this much. I get it you live in Cleveland. Every characters job mentions it. Paul Rudd is a teacher in the Cleveland Schools System (he actually says this). Parker Posey's job is bringing businesses to Cleveland. Danny DeVito sells pools in the Cleveland area. At times people are watching TV and they mention the Buckeyes, Parker Posey is making some video in Jacob's Field...its ridiculous.
August 28, 2011
The story is not that funny, but Posey and Rudd are and they make it watchable.
½ August 23, 2011
Not even Ms. Posey could save this dumb sex romp.
August 12, 2011
...Well that was weird.
June 14, 2011
pretty funny and amusing film. Not a sleze shit fest like the poster suggests though.. ugh.. ahha
May 21, 2011
this movie is so bad as i am watching i went on line to see how awful everyone else though it is. best line in the movie is "your addicted to your vibrator". worst line in the movie is the rest of the script. this just in my wife believes the best line is "my cock is jammin", followed by a whalers-ishy song.
April 22, 2011
me gusto más de lo que me esperaba
hunterjt13
March 16, 2011
Living in the place where healthy sexuality goes to die, Ohio, a woman's inability to have an orgasm breaks up her marriage and thrusts her into the arms of technology and the Penguin, looking for sexual fulfillment.
This film is a morass of missed opportunities. An exploration of how the sexual repression of Cleveland specifically, which is not known for being the Mecca of red hot lovers, and the midwest in general contributed to this woman's issues would have made a compelling plotline, but this theme remains unresolved. Perhaps a brief understanding of how what our society deems as unattractive could actually fit the bill would have made an interesting theme. But no. How about the film portray the importance of a healthy sexual relationship in a marriage? Nah - let's just have Jack move to the garage.
This film could have been so much more, but Cleveland, as it is portrayed here, is the same as any other American city, there are no comments or reflections about how Danny DeVito succeeds where the dashing Paul Rudd fails, and ... well, Jack just moves into the garage, rather spontaneously and without much attention paid to the failure of the film's principal marriage.
Also, I thought that the Jack plot never resolved. Where does he go from here? Is there a bit of moralizing in his end? Though he engages in an inappropriate relationship, the film doesn't portray Kirstin as a child but as an experienced woman. I thought he deserved better.
Overall, if you want to see a movie that could have been so much more, then The Oh in Ohio is the perfect pick.
½ March 4, 2011
Paul rudd is so enjoyable to watch!
½ December 27, 2010
Has some fluidity issues but overall a very nice movie. Might be a bit of a racy topic for some.
November 30, 2010
I found this movie kind of boring. Liza Minelli and Tim Russ's performances were hilarious! But, aside from that, nothing really interested me about the plot. Some funny parts, but otherwise, pretty much a yawner.
½ September 30, 2010
Nice little story about rebirth, rejuvenation and masturbation. It leaves the story open ended though. Fun cast!
½ September 5, 2010
Not truly knowing what I was getting into, I watched The OH in Ohio purely based on the cast. I am a fan of Paul Rudd?s and with Parker Posey, how could I go wrong, right?
Truly, I didn?t. The movie had a interesting storyline about a woman who has never had an orgasm in her life and when she finally does, she becomes obsessed with the object of your orgasm (A vibrator? then Danny Devito). The laughs were plentiful, great script and well acted. I was surprised cause I was expecting a dud of a movie, but inside came out entertained for about 90mins or so. It was a very short movie (or felt like it).
I definitely recommend it for some lighthearted fun.
½ August 9, 2010
If you are a Parker Posey fan then check this movie out. Posey is great in the lead role. The script is nothing special but the film does have many interesting moments.