For Your Consideration - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

For Your Consideration Reviews

July 9, 2013
Honestly, I did expect a bit more from the film, considering the director's and the cast's reputation. That being said, the film is rather funny, especially the last 15 minutes or so where the climax finally kicks in. With an excellent performance by Catherine O'Hara (ironically enough, one that gave her Oscar buzz!), this is definitely a well-acted film all around with the rest of the cast giving great performances, too. Definitely talks volumes about the way Hollywood works and is a great criticism of the Hollywood fame-machine! Definitely interesting enough to keep you entertained, but not extremely funny nor does much of it stick with one afterwards...except of Ms O'Hara's performance.
May 23, 2013
Hugeky disappointing mockumentary staring the guys behind Spinal Tap, this however is not directed by Marty DiBergi. One or two decent gags but overal all it just didn't work.
May 16, 2013
An enjoyable satire on Hollywood. Not great, but funny enough to be an interesting screening.
½ March 17, 2013
Catherine O'Hara makes this movie. Her face at the end is priceless.
½ March 7, 2013
What the fuck was this? Boooring and pointless.
½ March 3, 2013
Not the best CG mockumentary, but worth watching!
Bathsheba Monk
February 28, 2013
After I was five minutes into this, I remembered I saw it a couple of years ago. Anyway, it held up. In fact, I liked it better this time around.
February 28, 2013
Really good satire on the movie and entertainment industry.
January 25, 2013
Oddball movie. Had a few laugh out loud moments.
January 22, 2013
Overall, its pretty weak as a movie. Posey's role in the movie really helps sell it, though. That chick is wonderful.
January 22, 2013
An amazing movie. Guest's weakest, but it's still good!
January 15, 2013
Not nearly as strong as his previous comedies. Fred Willard is the highlight in this.
½ December 25, 2012
Was kinda so-so about watching this but saw it for lack of anything else, and it made me laugh out loud a number of times!
A very good way to pass an hour or so.
December 14, 2012
I love movies like this!
December 12, 2012
Saying that this is my least favorite of the Christopher Guest movies still says that it is an excellent comedy if you appreciate dry humor that points out everything wrong with American society.
½ December 8, 2012
Wow! It is really disheartening to see how many people in the audience review section called this a mockumentary. It is not a mockumentary. It's actually the first Christopher Guest movie I've seen that isn't a mockumentary and although it is not his best work it is, ahem, worthy of consideration. Considering how many comedies get released in theaters these days that hardly produce a chuckle I have to say that I am surprised by how underrated this film has been. I can only chalk it up to expectations as Guest has one hell of a track record and admittedly this is not his finest film. However it is still a good comedy and I laughed a great deal more than I expected after I heard this one was a dud. The film is sometimes a little more mean spirited than I am used to from Guest but I have to admit that I don't usually have a problem with mocking the Hollywood types. Catherine O'Hara and Parker Posey are great as usual along with the rest of the usual Guest suspects.
December 7, 2012
What the film? ok then.... will consider it....
November 24, 2012
A complete waste of time.
½ October 2, 2012
Mildly amusing. Should have been so much better.
½ September 29, 2012
Meh. One of the weaker Guest offerings. Just never really goes far enough. (Except in the case of Catherine O'Hara - too far.) Ricky Gervais is a nice addition to the troupe though.