The Flats - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Flats Reviews

½ November 4, 2010
Not bad, but would have like to know if he keeps the girl at the end!!!
½ June 1, 2008
A poor film about a boring group of kids who have odd ambitions and almost no actual knowledge. It does have a couple of nice shots but they are few. Its shot in primarily in the town I live in right now. And once . . . so l o n g ago I met a man named Swil Kanim who told me (with great confidence) that I had never before met someone as famous as he. He was incorrect of course but felt it was important to tell me any how. He appears in this film, (with out my prior knowledge) and it was hilariously wonderful. An entire star from my rating is singly dedicated the the annoying confident Swil.
April 24, 2008
missing actions of sequence.
½ April 7, 2008
I liked it. Witty writing. Good acting. Good story.
January 30, 2008
Earnest drama of rural post-adolescents doesn't stake out much new territory -- except geographically, in its use of unusual Northwest settings -- but it also avoids most pitfalls of the coming-of-age genre.
January 21, 2008
Couldn't keep my attention
August 22, 2007
The Flats is a slow-paced film that gradually speeds to the finish. The characters are confused while growing into adulthood. The film is quiet and dialogue heavy. A group of friends spend time before one of them has to report to jail. The boys do regular things as girls become the center. The film is set in the Northwest, and the landscape is well used. The DVD is hard to find and not well put together, but the film is well worth watching for a glimpse at the everyday written as a poem.