My Blue Heaven - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

My Blue Heaven Reviews

July 19, 2013
Please sell all Betty garble movies
May 14, 2012
descent technicolor musical
½ August 18, 2011
Betty Grable and Dan Dailey were the most popular couple in musicals from 1947 to 1951, and of course, they only made a few films together. But guess what? "My Blue Heaven" is the only one on NF. But guess what else? It's on save queue. I know everyone's probably known this for a while now, but there's a copy on YouTube just uploaded. Just though I'd mention it, because this is just a wonderful film. Here what happens: Molly (Grable) and Jake Moran (Dailey) are a mega-popular radio star couple who have everything-- everyone loves them, they're talented, they're rich, and they have a great relationship. But there's one small problem: they've been married almost ten years and they still haven't had a baby. Finally, Molly gets pregnant, and of course she has a miscarriage from a car wreck. And of course she can't have another baby. So the couple looks to adopt, and all I can say, having Betty and Dan for parents is one lucky thing! "My Blue Heaven" surely isn't a classic, and the songs are definitely forgettable, but there's something about these Technicolor musicals that just put you in the best of mood! Well, all of Grable's films do, and with the few on NF, I can easily say I try to nab everyone I can yet. She's as talented as she is wonderful to watch, and is one of the few stars thats careers wasn't propelled by scandal, but with talent. It's because she was clean, and that makes and made her so appealing. Add Dan Dailey into the mix and it's two forgotten stars that only movie lovers can love. He was third behind Gene Kelly and Fred Astaire of picked dancers, and because they were so awesome, he never was thought of the same way. He too, like Betty, just seem perfect, and therefore make the perfect couple. Not one minute of this film isn't entertaining, and all I can say is because of them. They're great together, and they just happen to be good actors. "My Blue Heaven" isn't great, but go on YouTube for a good watch!
January 10, 2010
A nice film to watch on a Sunday afternoon. Betty Grable and Dan Dailey had a wonderful on screen relationship between them. I loved the character of Kitty, some of the musical numbers were catchy, and the babies were so cute! It also had its funny moments and its heartfelt moments. All in all an enjoyable film to watch on a cold winters afternoon.
January 20, 2009
Blending musical comedy and drama, this unique film from the 1950s stars Dan Dailey and Betty Grable as Jack and Molly Moran, a showbiz couple looking to adopt after Molly suffers a miscarriage. They suffer some setbacks, not the least of which is prejudice against their occupation, but ultimately find happiness with two adopted children.
June 21, 2008
This is a good movie
jjnxn
December 25, 2007
flashy & charming Betty is hard to resist here.
December 22, 2007
A Musical but very good.
November 3, 2007
"It's deductible." They made a song about taxes -- need I say more? "don't rock the boat, dear" is sheer 'heaven' as well.
October 22, 2007
This was one of my fave Betty Grable movies growing up. Dailey and Grable make a terrific team! I like the storyline as well!
October 21, 2007
One of Betty Grable's best! She was such a good entertainer. Cute show, you should watch this old classic. And thank you Carrie for getting into the datsbase!!