Cavite - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Cavite Reviews

June 16, 2008
Though the movie, made for $7,000, can claim the romantic mantle of "guerrilla filmmaking," its herky-jerky camcorder style, jump-cut editing and sustained takes eventually wear out their welcome. And dramatically, it's not always convincing.
June 10, 2008
I wish I could watch every movie ever made but I sadly don't have the time. I'm not interested in this movie because I don't think I'll like it or don't know enough about it to think I might like it. I may still end up seeing it some day though.
May 28, 2008
Pretty fucked up movie. Kind of reminds me of saw, but with terrorists.
½ April 21, 2008
it takes a strange turn toward the end and the pacing gets muddy, but i was really impressed with it for the most part. i also listened to the directors' commentary and it explained some things that i would normally find problematic. anyway, it was made by a 2 PERSON CREW! so, much respect.
½ April 15, 2008
For a low budget indie film, this is far more suspenseful and nerve-wracking than most of its bigger budget counterparts. It definitely gets into the mind of the main character and successfully portrays the various phases of anxiety and tension.
April 8, 2008
I loved this movie, I thought it was great! Not sure if we were supposed to go, "aww, terrorists have it so hard" - but it was fun to watch ^^
½ March 7, 2008
Pretty good, though I hate the premise. I already know how I would react. Still good use of philipino culture interwoven through the movie. Not bad for a low budget flick.
½ January 27, 2008
pretty entertaining no-budget film
January 21, 2008
Excellent very low budget movie proves that with a camera and a good idea, you can achieve something great. The restaints of the small budget do hinder a couple of moments where it is obvious that the film makers have had to make compromises, but the strengths of the movie far outweigh the weaknesses.
January 9, 2008
Moral of this story = it sucks in the Phillippines.
½ December 11, 2007
Wow, on many levels, guerrilla film shot in the Philippines without permits w/ handicams. *clapping*
½ November 25, 2007
takes you through sites your tour guide probably skipped. proof you don't need CG to make a good movie - just a good storyline and a talented moviemaker.
November 21, 2007
One of the best Pinoy indie film ive seen.
November 6, 2007
How just two people can make such a great movie is beyond me! Story-telling at it's optimum! Just shows what can be done with so little!
½ October 14, 2007
guerilla film making in nearly every sense of the word. this low budget attempt at exploring the ideas of faith and retribution manages to deliver its content with some finesse. it has some problems, but i was interested and moved.
½ October 3, 2007
"Deliver unspeakable terror or lose everyone you love..." is the tagline for Cavite and that sums up the plot pretty well. A nice movie. Not perfect but worth a watch.
September 30, 2007
someone said it already:

it's about the boy sharing mcdonald's with his lola
September 9, 2007
seeing as i'm half filipino..
½ September 3, 2007
Made using a shoestring crew and budget, this was an intense, sobering, and insightful movie in the great tradition of "Syriana" and "Babel". In an age where film festival entries are hot picks for wide distribution (or, in some cases, plucked for Hollywood transformation, like "The Lives of Others"), here's a movie that adoringly merits the attention of Hollywood. Special recognition should go to the best actor: the voice of the terrorist, who never appears onscreen.
½ August 13, 2007
I'm glad I didn't turn off the movie after the first 2 minutes. I'd show this to my friends to illustrate the culture and the crushing poverty in the Philippines. It also convinced me that I should watch more Filipino films, if just to retain my understanding of my native language, Tagalog.