Population 436 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Population 436 Reviews

April 19, 2012
It was a very very interesting movie def liked it!
April 10, 2012
I actually like this movie. I can see why some would find the ending unsatisfying, but I liked it. We saw a chapter in the town's saga, it existed before we came and will continue to after we're gone. Plot has been similarly done before (Shirley Jackson's The Lottery, M. Knight's The Village, etc) but this has a unique story and good subtext and solid performances from the cast, worth seeing.
February 6, 2012
Really good movie. Very mysterious for the first half of the show. The more answers he got, the more exciging it got. The ending wasn't what I expected.
February 6, 2012
Terrible Ending!!! YOU JUST DON'T END MOVIE LIKE THAT. Also there were a lot of unexplained parts near the end. :(...
½ February 1, 2012
Nicely done thriller. I like the way it all came about. Fred Durst did a pretty good job.
December 20, 2011
I must be easy to please in the boy department and horror genre now because not only did I think Jeremy Sisto was cute in this and I've never thought he was hot before in my life, but this movie has Fred Durst in it which would automatically make this a one-star movie but I still didn't think it was terrible.
December 18, 2011
Not enough action. The only thing good about it was the end.
December 4, 2011
this movie brings in a creepy setting some decent acting but overall the story is great are there places like this and is everbody brianed washed just watch it
½ November 21, 2011
Population 436 starring Jeremy Sisto and Fred Durst centers around a census worker who comes to a small rural town to investigate the reasons why the town census always remains the same. The acting is credible but unfortunately the plot and story development are unable to generate any kind of momentum for this film. Director Michelle Maxwell MacLaren seems to forget that this is a movie and not another episode of the X-Files. In the end, unfortunately, Population 436 feels like an hour long episode of the Twilight Zone or Outer Limits that has been diluted of all suspense by being stretched out to movie length.
While not a complete waste of time 436 never builds the kind of suspense that one hopes for in a movie like this. While it keeps your interest, it never delivers the punch you keep expecting throughout the movie. I cant recommend this film but on the other hand if your bored and there is nothing better to do, you could do worse than Population 436. It gets a D
½ October 12, 2011
Good idea. Would have been good if it had a bigger budget and a good director.
September 26, 2011
A weak story with very poor acting and very slow-paced sequences. Skip it.
½ June 25, 2011
Looked made-for-TV ish to me..thought the Lil Limp Bizket bastard did ok tho
½ June 2, 2011
Another in a long list of films focusing on the premise that those-country-bumpkins-sure-are-supersitious - and sinisterly so. Well made, well acted, but no new territory here. Elements can be seen of "The Wicker Man", various X-Files episodes, and several other films. One interesting note: the alternate ending on the DVD, although not too terribly different from the regular ending in action, gives a compeltely different viewpoint.
May 4, 2011
Very good horror movie!
½ April 29, 2011
Pienimuotoinen mutta yllättävän tunnelmallinen leffa. Population 436 >> 4+3+6=13.
½ March 30, 2011
It seemed to take forever before anything happened. I got extremely bored and paused it a hundred times. And when something did actually happened it wasn't very interesting.
March 28, 2011
At que legal, e apesar de ser meio parado prende a ateno at o final. Mas o final me desapontou um pouco. Acho que eu esperava algo mais real...e menos religioso.
March 28, 2011
At (C) que (C) legal, e apesar de ser meio parado prende a atenção at (C) o final. Mas o final me desapontou um pouco. Acho que eu esperava algo mais real...e menos religioso.
January 9, 2011
I really liked the concept of this movie, but it seemed to get a bit lost in translation, especially during the second half. It just started to plod along and I found myself wandering and wishing it would be over. It's too bad the whole thing wasn't as strong as the beginning, because it could have been an excellent movie. As a whole, though, this wasn't bad.
December 16, 2010
Welcome to the town of Creepsville. Whoa.