Conversations With God - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Conversations With God Reviews

September 20, 2014
The negative reviews are not an accurate reflection of the movie. I think they reflect reluctance to seem sappy by approving of the subject matter. The movie is not corny or self-promotional, as I expected, and Henry Czerny is really very good as Neale Donald Walsch.
½ February 23, 2013
Well intentioned but a ham-fisted, overlong, cheesy and dull screenplay weighs down the movie.
½ February 10, 2013
It's just a depressing parable about a fellow who sinks lower and lower in life until he figures out a nebulous new way to sell God to the masses.
½ February 6, 2013
An open mind is essential to watch this film. If you're skeptical about God or think Christians are a load of mental patients don't waste the energy it would take your DVD player to play this. If you do have an open mind I think you will get something, big or small, out of watching this. What I took away from it was that miracles can happen every day, we may just be blind to them, or see them as coincidences when in fact it is something greater. This film touched me in a certain way, it reignited some form of faith in me that there is more to life than the here and now. Production wise it looks a little cheaper than other films you will watch but I don't hold that against it because it has a message.
January 29, 2013
Very interesting movie that follows one man's struggles and internal conversations with "god" or the divine within us all. NOT necessarily a Christian film... open to interpretation.
½ December 7, 2012
Heart warming with good intentions. In this day of age of violence and what have you in Movies and tv series, who can complain when a posititive flick comes along. In saying that, there are some cheesy parts to which I nearly stopped the video. Czerny is great as the homeless guy, but as the transformed speaker, he is far too serious and just lacks the charisma and authentic funiness of Walsche in real life. The jokes therefore come across as contrived. Theres also some cringeworthy scenes and script from one of the actresses. However, all in all it's a harmless and positive film.
November 26, 2012
This American tale of burgeoning spiritual discovery is meant to be wonderful ... but instead is awkward, stilted and poorly executed (particularly when lingering on the wonderful that's not), thus insuring that I will treat the literature, should I ever run across it, with the same disrespect that this film treated me.
½ July 28, 2012
It was okay. A couple of untrue things, but otherwise, okay.
½ July 28, 2012
I liked Conversations With God because it featured a man who had problems (just like my dad), and he got his act together finally, found an ad in the paper about a radio spokesperson job, and dialed the number on the payphone and got a job. Later on, they went bankrupt. Great movie!
½ July 19, 2012
Good story line, though I didn't like the jumping around. Made me want to find this book and read it.
½ June 5, 2012
okay film, okay cinematography. definately something i would rent from the library, not movie gallery.
½ May 16, 2012
I think it was an inspirational movie that had a good message and I'd highly recommend it! As a matter of fact, I've recommended it to family and friends!
½ April 14, 2012
If you're religious, an atheist, or generally not interested in your spiritual side, you'll fall asleep to this movie. If you're spiritual/metaphysical and have a sense of wonder, you will absolutely love it.
April 9, 2012
inspirational and a message of hope
September 25, 2011
I have watched this film and read the books this is a story of a man who had a job and a family but did not appreciate them and lost everything. it shows how easily we can lose the things we once had. Illness played a part. Neale D walsh took to writing to god and by doing this Neale walsh turned his life around. The message is about how to improve your life by taking a look at yourself how you percieve your life. The religous stuff comes from another level that can be hard to understand. Its interesting and basically depends on your own belief systems and how you perceive yourself in this life. and applies to all. we are all human beings
September 11, 2011
Si este género de cine fuese tan promocionado como el género de violencia, que vemos en toda cartelera por montones, la humanidad sería muy diferente y el mundo querido, sería el verdadero paraíso. DARIBUR.
July 20, 2011
Uma aula de vida! Um aprendizado que nenhum mal dura pra sempre! Que devemos entregar as nossas vidas nas mãos e no amor de Deus!
½ June 17, 2011
I happen to love Neale Donald Walsch's book, but this film is pretty underwhelming... and corny.
March 17, 2011
This authors book and movie should be taught against because He is false. He does not speak the oracles of the God of the Bible. Any Christian thinks this is ok is wrong according to Gods word. In the Word of God He said there would rise up false prophets,and teachers. I dont believe this man truely heard from God. His books make him look stupid but has enough deception in them to lead our youth astray from the real Word of God.
½ March 12, 2011
Excellent movie, a bit of a break from the norm and probes a look into your own life and behaviour that goes with it