In the Shadow of the Moon - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

In the Shadow of the Moon Reviews

August 2, 2016
One of my favorite documentaries
½ June 18, 2016
A real candid look into the minds of a few extraordinary men who have travelled further than anyone other human being who have ever lived on this planet. Hopefully, since journeying to the moon, this is a wake up call for planet Earth for humans to realize how lucky we our to live on this great planet called Earth, but also we must continue exploring the vastness of Space including Mars and other bodies in our Universe as soon as possible.
November 2, 2015
Is very common to get used to big things and, after many years, we consider them unimpressive. Just like Colon first trips crossing Atlantic Ocean in a nut shell.
As impressive as that is space travel; this documentary is about sending people to space and bring them back. In first person astronauts feelings.
½ July 5, 2015
In the shadow of the moon is a great documentary from the point of view of the men who landed on the moon and the different steps they undertook to achieve it. It is interesting and captivating from the beginning to the end.knowing that they have been the only men to ever land on the moon their testimony is a must.
December 27, 2014
Nice doc showing you what its like to walk on the moon by those who did. Strange ending...no real need to tackle the conspiracy theorists..just move on.
August 24, 2014
All of science fiction cinema is in the shadow of In The Shadow of the Moon.
½ August 12, 2014
[2014-8-12] Yeah we know.. so?
August 4, 2014
Makes the moon missions very human.
½ August 2, 2014
Director David Sington has made a movie that is romantic about the space program and about the United States that is infectious in its zeal. In an age when we don't have an active space program, this movie is a beautiful way to capture the imaginations of people, the same way the original Apollo programs did. With interviews with astronauts themselves and an amazing amount of primary footage, Sington is able to tell the story in a way that is engaging and often moving.
March 6, 2014
A fascinating insight into the minds of the twelve men who've stood on the Moon and looked upon the Earth, and the effect that that experience had on them. A generous tribute to the efforts of the United States, honest in its assessment of the deaths of astronauts, and featuring some remarkable footage. There is even a nod in the direction of the conspiracy theorists. A rare piece of film and one well worth seeing.
February 13, 2014
4/5 The right stuff.
½ November 17, 2013
I liked it a lot.. my only complaint is... what about the real heroes? the scientists and engineers that made it happen?
August 20, 2013
A very powerful documentary.
½ July 23, 2013
A tremendous chronicle of the men who went to the moon. A must see.
March 23, 2013
A very solid doc covering the Apollo space program through archival footage of the mission and through interviews/narratives from the surviving members as to their experiences. The central focus again is with Apollo 1 where the pilots unfortunately passed in terms of an accidental spark fire, and then Apollo 11 who were the first successful landing. Great cinematorgraphy and introduces some new footage that I was personally unfamilar with from the voyage. Would be cool to see in a large format cinema similar to the Cinesphere to really showcase the landing sequences. Could use a little more information about the technicians who built the crafts but otherwise extremely engaging and thrilling.
March 23, 2013
Compelling chronicle on the processes leading up to the events of the first man on the moon. The film discusses the attempts to shuttle people up into space (although that was after the rockets were tested and a number of them failed to even lift off, thankfully not resulting in fatalities) during the late 1960's and early 1970's, which included several moon landings. Those telling their stories of being sent to the moon include Al Bean, Michael Collins, Buzz Aldrin and about five other crew members. I think that is a well-made documentary on the space age and landing on the orbiting body that circles the Earth, although I am sort hyped up on the suspicions that the moonwalking was real. I have some hesitation on the situation and I found it really fascinating how at the end, the astronauts made it clear that all the conspiracies are false (at least they had the bravery to face the issue). It is certainly Americana, but it always nice to watch movies that have to do with outer space, at least that's how I see it.
February 21, 2013
Magical, particularly for those of us who had never seen the moon landing.
½ December 22, 2012
The greatest thing we humans have ever done SO FAR.

Brilliant documentary that i got a proper buzz from
November 22, 2012
A fine documentary which proves there are no gimmicks needed to tell the epic story of mankinds greatest ever endeavour. The NASA footage is jaw-dropping, and the benevolence of those ecstatic few who once hid the Earth with their thumbs jumps off the screen.
November 21, 2012
Ron Howard has put together a documentary which includes everything you could possibly hope for about the Apollo missions. Everything from the initial disasterous rocket launches, the imagery of the lunar surface, the interviews with all bar one of the astronauts involved and a fantastic film score is perfectly pieced together. There is so much in this documantary that can have you sharing the haunting feeling of being in space. Some of the philosphical quotes made by the astronauts throughout really made my hairs stand on end. Mike Collins describes Astronauts as the worst possible people to describe the feelings associated with such out of this world experiences to a mainstream public audience, but he was wrong. Everyone spoke so well and articulartly including Buzz Aldrin, James Lovell (from the ill fated Apollo 13 mission) but most of all Mike Collins himself. I was really taken by his enthiusiastic demeanor. He was such a lovely character to listen to, you'd think he was a taxi driver and not an airforce pilot. These guys really put into perspective the insignificance of each and every one of us on this planet. They really knew how to explain how much of a beautiful jewel in the universe this planet we happen to be lucky enough to be on at this precise moment in the history of time really is. If there is ever a time when you are feeling dissatisfied with what you have , or are acheiving in your life,, watch this.