Slingshot - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Slingshot Reviews

½ July 12, 2012
Not worth watching again
½ December 27, 2011
After looking at my dad and saying "Holy shit, that was terrible" my dad just looked back and said, "Terrible can't even begin to describe it".

Two reviews in one
½ November 12, 2011
Didn't make it 20 minutes in.
½ September 18, 2009
Why do I like to torture myself??
½ September 12, 2009
Very similar to other movies of the same idea, but this just fell short. None of the characters were likable, though I thought Thora Birch did great in her role. I really did not enjoy this film.
August 12, 2009
retarded. then again....i can't stand david arquette. but the whole execution of this film fails on just about every level. the highlight being an interaction between arquette and a 11 year old hockey kid.
½ April 12, 2009
As insightful and awe-inspiring as a booger smeared on the wall. About as cohesive as a senior citizen with end-stage Alzheimer's.
½ March 30, 2009
I was once accidentally (supposedly) hit with a sledgehammer...yes it it did really hurt but it was far less painful and provides me with a fonder memory than this garbage film!!!
½ February 26, 2009
Boring. David Arquette's performance is alright, but the story is so drab and uninteresting.
July 6, 2008
So many movies, so little time.....

[b]Perfect Storm (2000) - 4.3/10[/b]
Director - Wolfgang Petersen
Starring - George Clooney, Mark Wahlberg, Diane Lane, John C. Reilly, Karen Allen, Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio, William Fichtner, John Hawkes, Allen Payne.

Story about a group of fisherman caught in the "storm of the century". Nice special effects, but the story is way to formulaic.

[b]Slingshot (2005) - 2.4/10[/b]
Director - Jay Alaimo
Starring - David Arquette, Thora Birch, Balthazar Getty, Julianna Marguiles, Svetlana Metkina.

Preposterous story about conmen. Below average indie fare.

[b]Because I Said So (2007) - 2.4/10[/b]
Director - Michael Lehmann
Starring - Diane Keaton, Mandy Moore, Lauren Graham, Tom Everett Scorr, Gabriel Macht, Piper Perabo.

Possibly 2007's worst chick flick.

[b]Fay Grim (2007) - 6.0/10[/b]
Director - Hal Hartley
Starring - Parker Posey, Jeff Goldblum, James Urbaniak, Saffron Burrows, Liam Aiken.

Decent yet forgettable thriller.

[b]Bee Movie (2007) - 3.1/10[/b]
Director - Stephen Hickner.
Starring - Jerry Seinfeld

Seinfled's unsuccessful and unfunny foray into animated film.
May 3, 2008
Nice performances, and an interesting story - a look at how lonely being a thief can be. Pretty flawed though, specially the ending.
½ April 13, 2008
The main issue with this film is unlikable characters. If you don't care one way or another about anyon e in the movie, it lowers your interest level. It's not badly made, but it just is not very involving.
January 19, 2008
WoW, this is absolutely terrible

If you wanna know more, ask me
October 19, 2007
This movie didn't make much sense, but Balthazar is cute so all is good.
½ October 13, 2007
Bar none the WORST movie I've seen in my entire life. It will undoubtedly go down as a pimple on the face of every cast member's career (or lackthereof). It's the perfect example of shitty everything: shitty soundtrack, shitty acting, shitty directing, shitty script, and shitty plotline. This movie pissed me off more than any movie I've ever seen. There's absolutely NO chemistry between any of the actors or actresses and it made for quite possibly the worst movie experience any human being can ever go through. A third-grader could've written more compelling dialogue, and I'm dead serious about that.
October 3, 2007
meh!... is all i can say about this one.
September 30, 2007
another movie not worth an hour and a half sitting on the rear.
September 29, 2007
really shitty acting for almost the entire movie!! i had no interest in this movie after about 20 mins but again because i was renting it i had to watch it!!
September 20, 2007
Pretty good film. The story was very interesting.
½ September 19, 2007
an solid movie but it just feels choppy. good enough acting and an interesting story. not for everyone though.