Slingshot Reviews

• Jul 12, 2012

Not worth watching again

Not worth watching again

• Dec 27, 2011

After looking at my dad and saying "Holy shit, that was terrible" my dad just looked back and said, "Terrible can't even begin to describe it". Two reviews in one

• Oct 29, 2011

Didn't make it 20 minutes in.

Didn't make it 20 minutes in.

• Sep 18, 2009

Why do I like to torture myself??

Why do I like to torture myself??

• Sep 12, 2009

Very similar to other movies of the same idea, but this just fell short. None of the characters were likable, though I thought Thora Birch did great in her role. I really did not enjoy this film.

• Aug 12, 2009

retarded. then again....i can't stand david arquette. but the whole execution of this film fails on just about every level. the highlight being an interaction between arquette and a 11 year old hockey kid.

• Apr 12, 2009

As insightful and awe-inspiring as a booger smeared on the wall. About as cohesive as a senior citizen with end-stage Alzheimer's.

• Mar 30, 2009

I was once accidentally (supposedly) hit with a sledgehammer...yes it it did really hurt but it was far less painful and provides me with a fonder memory than this garbage film!!!

• Feb 26, 2009

Boring. David Arquette's performance is alright, but the story is so drab and uninteresting.

• Jul 06, 2008

So many movies, so little time..... [b]Perfect Storm (2000) - 4.3/10[/b] Director - Wolfgang Petersen Starring - George Clooney, Mark Wahlberg, Diane Lane, John C. Reilly, Karen Allen, Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio, William Fichtner, John Hawkes, Allen Payne. Story about a group of fisherman caught in the "storm of the century". Nice special effects, but the story is way to formulaic. [b]Slingshot (2005) - 2.4/10[/b] Director - Jay Alaimo Starring - David Arquette, Thora Birch, Balthazar Getty, Julianna Marguiles, Svetlana Metkina. Preposterous story about conmen. Below average indie fare. [b]Because I Said So (2007) - 2.4/10[/b] Director - Michael Lehmann Starring - Diane Keaton, Mandy Moore, Lauren Graham, Tom Everett Scorr, Gabriel Macht, Piper Perabo. Possibly 2007's worst chick flick. [b]Fay Grim (2007) - 6.0/10[/b] Director - Hal Hartley Starring - Parker Posey, Jeff Goldblum, James Urbaniak, Saffron Burrows, Liam Aiken. Decent yet forgettable thriller. [b]Bee Movie (2007) - 3.1/10[/b] Director - Stephen Hickner. Starring - Jerry Seinfeld Seinfled's unsuccessful and unfunny foray into animated film.