License to Wed Reviews

• Oct 12, 2019

Enjoyed it. Good laughs. Liked the way how they approached a serious topic with humour.

• Feb 23, 2019

The late Robin Williams has done many good performances in movies from One Hour Photo, Night at the Museum, Mrs. Doubtfire, and Jumanji. This movie is not of his best movies but he did a solid comedic performance from a script that wasn't that good.

• Feb 06, 2019

This movie is really stupid, and, while I could go through and tell you everything that could have made the movie so much worse, I've decided I'd rather make a list of things that could have made this movie better: 1. Not releasing it. 2. Putting in more emotion. Seriously though, every single time it started to get good, someone would show up and make a stupid slapstick mistake. 3. Chemistry. There was no chemistry between any of the characters. 4. Plot. There should have been an antagonist. There was no "other woman" or "other guy" where there should have been to make it a story worth telling. 5. Less exaggeration. Catholic priests don't act like that. Regular priests don't act like. Also, there's a scene where the priest and fellow church members are getting drunk and swearing? 6. Make the characters that don't get arrested actually be abiding by the law. That priest should be in jail. 7. Make the movie more realistic. This movie is so stupid. "Reverend Frank is everywhere?" Where the heck did he get the money to fly to Jamaica? Or the time? 8. Last but not least, Warner Bros usually has the worst movies.

• Nov 13, 2018

This film was unwatchable.

This film was unwatchable.

• Sep 02, 2018

Typical, boring, over-acted, predictable nonsense

Typical, boring, over-acted, predictable nonsense

• Jul 07, 2018

Typical Robin Williams comedy just as expected with a warm welcome of laughs and questionable but understandable morality in the center of ridicule. (B) (Full review TBD)

• Jun 24, 2018

I love Mandy Moore but this movie is not good. I remember when this movie came out, my Mom toke me to the movie theater to watch it, she loves Robin Williams, bless his soul. I found myself not being able to relate with the characters at all, Mandy's character in the movie Sadie came off so annoying, I didn't even think she should get married LOL and John Krasinski came off annoyed the whole movie, which was a part of his character for the role because of what was going on to be fair, BUT I did not feel any chemistry or getting any feeling from this movie other than annoyance and boredom. Love God but life you want a movie thats a comedy about a newly wed couple thats actually funny and relatable Watch JUST MARRIED with ASHTON KUTCHER AND THE LATE BUT GREAT BRITTANY MURPHY, one of my favorite movies in general period. better plot, great chemistry, and super funny.

• Feb 02, 2018

yeah-no movie with only one hilarious part (which is suprising because you would think a little better with Robin Williams) but it is kinda boring with some relativily creepy parts

• Jan 14, 2018

This is an unbelievably bad movie that leaves you wondering, "WTF were they thinking?" Especially the four folks from The Office who took time out of their sitcom schedules to squeeze in the this stinker. They all should have known better. A lot of the reviewers use the term "formulaic" to describe this surrealistic, unfunny dud. To what "formula" are they referring? In what universe have they ever made a movie about a creepy pastor/priest/reverend from an unindentifiable religious denomination who uses robot babies to taunt engaged couples while he practices illegal espionage on their bedroom activities in the morning-noon-and-night company of a pre-pubescent choir boy? If that's a formula, please God let us never see it used again. It's anything but formulaic. If it were a formulaic Rom-Com, it would have included some Rom and some Com. It contains neither. Instead it is creepy, squirmy, and altogether unlikable. The behavior of every single character on screen is not grounded in Earth-human-like behavior; no one in the film behaves as any reasonable person would behave in a similar real-life situation. It's all just false, fantasy BS premise stitched together to another because someone (I don't know who) thought it was funny. But that's the biggest sin of License to Wed... none of it is funny. I take that back... it's biggest sin is that it makes the delightfully endearing Mandy Moore unlikable.

• Nov 03, 2017

I found this rom-com to be mean-spirited and nearly reprehensible based on the behavior of the pastor - just like Ben Murphy, I felt it was his mission to break up this couple. Performances were decent. As with 99% of the genre, this was formulaic and predictable. When the biggest laugh elicited from me was a man getting hit in the face with a baseball, you can tell the humor was not to my taste. Not a total waste of time, but just watchable.