Fail Safe - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fail Safe Reviews

September 14, 2016
Horrifying. Intense.
February 21, 2016
Still the way things stand.
December 1, 2015
"made-for-TV adaptation of the novel ". I didn't know they did this remake.
December 25, 2014
skip this see the 1964 version its better
September 29, 2014
A chilling commentary on the armed nature of the modern world and its increasing dependency on technology and automation, presented as a live action television play.

America's president is ultimately forced to do the unthinkable in order to stave off nuclear holocaust after a computer error results in the order of a strike on Moscow.

Shot live in black and white, with a retro/sterile feel, and a chilling message, this movie definitely catches your attention. Great performances throughout by some huge names, and an awesome concept!
May 27, 2014
When it came out, it was one of the television events that had to be seen. It delivered and still holds up.
March 29, 2014
Want to know what possibly can go wrong... A very nice adaptation of an old television movie.
January 27, 2014
When the shriek over the phone went off it changed everything. Great Movie
January 22, 2014
Really good anti-war flick! Juxtaposes modern with vintage with great pace and feel. A movie with fantastic actors that really makes you THINK!
September 13, 2013
I love the plot of this movie. The drama. The emotion. The terror. The tragedy. The suspense is absolutely captivating. You will be pulled to the edge of your seat as the time stops in this not only era and technology correct movie, but also the events that could happen today with various variations.
½ April 7, 2013
Compelling stuff, however I have bot seen the original which I can only presume is even more chilling.
March 22, 2013
Fail Safe is an apt marriage of two odd concepts - a remake of the original and a live television drama.
March 2, 2013
Time has made this a tepid version of the original.
½ January 13, 2013
All quite hypothetical in nature but scary enough to make you think. Excellent film.
½ December 9, 2012
An outstanding movie. The entire cast is jammed packed with talent. They all acted amazingly in its live performance. Imagine my delight when it came out on dvd recently. I was afraid I'd never see it again.
November 9, 2012
The beginning of the movie was very boring and barely kept the show going. The actual fail safe incident that takes up roughly 75% of the film was very well done.
June 7, 2012
I couldn't quite work out what the point to this was at first, or what to expect. I didn't read too much into the plot, but enticed by the impressive cast-list and the few reviews. What I enjoyed was a well lit, well acted, exciting, strong and dramatic film with a couple of little glitches. Said glitches would normally be resolved with a second take, but as the show was live, they soldiered on. I fear however that the film's message was a little lost on me, and the caption at the end seemed out of place and unnecessary.
April 6, 2012
better than Strangelove
April 6, 2012
Good movie. I was on the edge of my seat, very engaging!
½ March 21, 2012
A throwback to the old days of live television, where actors had to be on their A-game, lest they screw up before the audience watching at home. A top-notch cast is assembled here, with high marks for Richard Dreyfuss, George Clooney, Harvey Keitel, and Brian Dennehy. The plot may seem antiquated in this post-Cold War era, but it remains an intriguing film.