Something Like Happiness Reviews

• Jul 18, 2012

The theme of this movie centers around what passes for happiness. We've been here before with similarly titled films, but the relationships seem more real, more grounded in truth. For sure, the characters aren't normal - what would a movie be with normal people in it, right? But their struggles, emotions, and consequences are places we've been ourselves. The introductory scenes are sparse and lack engagement, but somewhere in the 20-25 minute range, everything clicks and there's no turning back. You'll love, despise, ache and cringe throughout this movie.

• Oct 29, 2010

Lovely ... nostaligic and true...

Lovely ... nostaligic and true...

• Oct 07, 2010

Czym jest szczęście dla każdego z nas? - zawsze czymś innym. Historia dobrze zbudowana, prawdziwa. Samo życie, bez banału, bez pompy emocjonalnej - rzeczywistość.

• Jun 17, 2010

(*** 1/2): Thumbs Up Well-acted and directed.

(*** 1/2): Thumbs Up Well-acted and directed.

• May 11, 2010

A great film, and a good example of the Czech mindset in dramatic films. No happy ending, in fact no ending at all, which allows the audience to imagine whatever they want to. Fans of this film should also watch The Wild Bees, an earlier effort by the same director. Many of the same actors were used in both films as well.

• Sep 25, 2009

few moments of hope in this movie that reminds you how your plans can be dashed at any moment.

• Jan 29, 2009

nuevamente una muestra de que las familias no necesariamente están unidas por vínculos de sangre

• Jan 06, 2009

Most depressing thing I've ever seen.

Most depressing thing I've ever seen.

• Dec 19, 2008

Nothing else to say, other than... "I love this film" :):) I love it, although it's melancholy. Although It tells us that everything in this world is breakable, and our 'relationships' also.

• Nov 11, 2008

Amar por necesidad, necesidad de amar. Historias de barrio y personajes del comun, familias reales y no de sangre