Cherry Crush - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Cherry Crush Reviews

½ February 28, 2014
This film is not usually the kind of movie that I go for, but I decided to watch it, for it's star, Jonathan Tucker. He is one of my favorite actors, and this is one of the few films, he's done, that I hadn't seen yet. The story begins with Jordan Wells (Tucker) in trouble with both the police and his private school. It was discovered that Wells had been taking nude photos of several of the girls, and the school was deciding whether or not to press charges. They don't, but the well-to-do teen is sent to finish his senior year at public school. Once there he meets the girls of his dreams, a girl he thinks will change his life, but she's not all she appears to be. For starters, the cast of this film was way to old to be believable as High School students and the story really didn't match the setting. This was a story of love, hate, betrayal, and murder, involving wealthy, well to do people. Setting the story in the context of a High School romance did it a huge disservice. The story itself wasn't bad, just slow at certain points, but the setting just turned me off to the whole thing right from the beginning. Jonathan Tucker does the tremendous job I've come to expect from him. It doesn't matter the role or type of film, but somehow this guy always manages to get audiences to like him. It's Tucker's charisma and connection to the audience that keeps me watching, even when it's a film like this, that I really wasn't into. Cherry Crush basically has nothing going for it, except for it's star, who does his best to try and save a film that just doesn't work.
½ October 11, 2013
very boring movie, not entertaining at all
½ April 24, 2013
distinctive, little bit strange..
February 10, 2013
I have to add the artwork cover on Lovefilm is very different to the above. Made it look more like a modern day slasher/horror. It's actually more like a made for TV teen thriller. Closest think it was like was the Wild Things films and very similar in plot but no where near as good as the first 2 of those films.
September 29, 2012
This is an interesting story told in a way that keeps your attention. The cast was very good and the ending was perfect.
September 24, 2012
Looks like an exciting movie. Can't wait to watch it
½ August 21, 2012
Didn't watch all of it. Boring.
July 23, 2012
IT TURNED OUT 2 B A REALLY GOOD MOVIE!
June 17, 2012
So didn't see that one coming. Wow!
May 15, 2012
It looks like it was pretty good
½ December 2, 2011
CRAP the tagline gives away the ending.
October 11, 2011
it looks like something i won't like to see ever ...
September 1, 2011
Takes a stupidly long time for anything to actually happen and then when it does it isn't really worth it.
June 17, 2011
Nikki Reed! A girl like Shay would've shot Jordan in the abandoned house though.
½ April 21, 2011
watched half... was very bored and turned it off.. not worth your time.. 0/10
½ January 2, 2011
distinctive, little bit strange..
½ August 2, 2010
I feel the attempt of the movie but I find it very lacking although I am all praise when it comes to the acting of the actors. It's overall good.. Emphasis on the GOOD because for me, it can never be more than that. 4.5/10.
July 20, 2010
interesting with a really good cast and definitely thrilling but pretty predictable.
February 11, 2010
A decent teen noir wannabe. Fair but really way too sloppily slow.