You Kill Me - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

You Kill Me Reviews

June 14, 2015
For a relatively low budget film, made in Winnipeg, it worked well. The acting comes out on the right tone. The events seems believable. Téa and Ben have a romance that appears quite possible. The whole was hardly predictable, peaking the interest throughout. I liked the pace of the film, not too fast, not too slow, giving us the time to ponder where the thing is going and surprising us most of the times. The dvd extra explained how they made it in Winnipeg in may and were able to digitally recreate winter and the US locations incredibly well. I was stunned when the credits mentioned Winnipeg and thought they had shot only the winter scenes there. Well, it was not event winter in Canada in may. Very good effort, worthy of our appreciation.
May 7, 2015
Weak movie, due to bad script and poor casting choices. Tea Leonie is just a bit too beautiful and tall to fit with the desperate, killer-drunk Ben Kingsley. The Humor is all too much in the been-there-done-that category: it's a bit like Sopranos meet AA-Meetings, a Variation of Tony talking to his shrink. Just not funny, poor taste, silly, strange. How is it funny if a killer walks backwards the wrong way? How is it funny that he works with dead People? How is it funny that not one member of his gangster family couldn't even hold a gun upright? It just doesn't make any sense. I don't agree with the critics at all: 2 stars, on a good day.
½ August 30, 2014
This flick about Killed me!
½ June 29, 2014
I like Tea Leoni and Ben Kingsley but not in this movie. They had no chemistry here.. Probably one of Ben Kingsley's worst movies... :/
June 22, 2014
I love this film! Yep. Love it!
½ June 8, 2014
You Kill Me is an underrated film that definitely is far better than what you might think. This film really exceeded my expectations and I didn't expect to really enjoy it, but I surprisingly did. What makes the film work is the casting of Ben Kingsley, who after a few duds delivers a fine performance here and with a well written script that makes this film worth seeing. For an independent picture this is quite enjoyable for what it tries to do. I found this film to be a bit underrated because it's far better than what you might think, and Kingsley here is simply very good in the part that he plays. If you want a film that boasts one of Ben Kingsley's better recent performances, then this is a definite must watch. The film works very well and is entertaining from start to finish. This was the first of many films that Kingsley would star in that would put his career back on track, especially his work with Martin Scorsese. You Kill Me is a smart comedy that is worth seeing and uses good elements to really boast the idea. I thought that the script was very good, and the idea was quite original as well. Add to that the talents of Ben Kingsley and you an impressive picture that is sure to appeal to anyone looking for a film that can surprise you as much as entertain. The story here is simple, yet with such a talented cast and humorous ideas, you have a unique dark comedy that is much more satisfying that what you might think.
April 17, 2014
As fun as watching paint dry
April 13, 2014
ben kingsley once again delivers an amazing performance in this work of art. this movie had my full attention and i loved it. its slow moving at times but it all blends together so beautifully and at times it becomes some what inspirational.
February 16, 2014
Very dry humor, and not often enough. Didn't realize it was a mob hit man as the main character....not a fan of mob movies...
November 19, 2013
Starts off very slow, but the second 1/2 is funny.
October 8, 2013
Decent dark comedy, but nothing special.
½ July 25, 2013
"Hi, my name is Frank I'm an alcoholic. I kill people for a living... This is anonymous, right?

Boring mediocre movie! This film has been advertised as a thriller. The pacing of this film is very slow and much too slow to be classified as a thriller. If you watch this expecting a movie full of action and suspense you will be disappointed. Problems abound in this one. Kingsley's accent is terrible and inconsistent. It alternates between Italian, Russian, and Hispanic. Throughout the course of the movie, Frank tells numerous people he is a hit man (including an entire AA group), but nobody seems to care, or wants to do anything about it. The movie relies on cliché scenes to carry it through its final act, most notably when Leoni's insufferable character chases Frank down at the airport, just when he is about to board a flight back to Buffalo. Though it has a strong premise and an interesting first half-hour, the movie quickly becomes a total disaster and devolves into complete nonsense. At the end of the film, Frank celebrates one year of sobriety. I hope to celebrate many, many years of not having seen "You Kill Me".

Frank Falenczyk loves his job. He just happens to be the hit-man for his Polish mob family in Buffalo, New York. But Frank's got a drinking problem and when he messes up a critical assignment that puts the family business in peril, his uncle sends him to San Francisco to clean up his act. Frank is not a touchy-feely kind of guy, but he starts going to AA meetings, gets a sponsor and a job at a mortuary where he falls for the tart-tongued Laurel, a woman who is dangerously devoid of boundaries. Meanwhile, things aren't going well in Buffalo where an upstart Irish gang is threatening the family business. When violence erupts, Frank is forced to return home and with an unlikely assist from Laurel, faces old rivals on new terms.
½ July 23, 2013
The oddities of Téa Leoni's character are never fully explained, and that makes her attraction to Kingsley's character a little hard to believe. Nonetheless, a funny and entertaining movie with some great SF scenes.
½ June 7, 2013
I was not too amused. Sure, funny moments and one liners, but somehow not too entertaining. Not sure what killed it for me, not Kingsley for sure. Hmm....
½ May 30, 2013
Love beats addiction
April 18, 2013
Its hard not to like Kingsley in most every situation, especially when its a bitter drunk hit man.
½ April 6, 2013
Kepea elokuva vaikka aiheet eivat olleetkaan helpommasta paasta. Diggailin Benia <3
½ March 7, 2013
It was a solid ok movie. I didn't buy the storyline between Kingsley and Leoni at all...the dynamic was more father-daughter. It was watchable but one of those movies that is leading up to a climax that never comes.
February 10, 2013
Hilarious black comedy. Who would have known Ben Kingsley could be funny?
February 5, 2013
Clever and funny, You Kill Me is an unusual dark comedy that looks at the lighter side of mob life. When drinking interferes with Frank's job as a hitman, he's sent to dry out in San Francisco where he meets an unusual woman who takes an interest in his craft. The film has a solid cast that includes Ben Kingsley, Tea Leoni, and Luke Wilson, who do quite well with this type of dry, subtle humor. Additionally, the writing is pretty smart (for the most part), and does a good job at developing the characters. However, some areas of the plot are a bit weak and erratic. Strange but amusing, You Kill Me is an entertaining comedy that hits the spot.