You Kill Me - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

You Kill Me Reviews

January 22, 2013
Enjoyable, well cast and acted.
January 22, 2013
Smart, snappy comedy. Shows how well-rounded Kingsley's acting chops are.
December 19, 2012
I found this flic quite funny, and mostly due to Ben Kingsley playing it very straight as an alcoholic hitman trying to stay sober enough to pick up the pieces of his life. The chemistry with Tea Leoni seemed a little forced at times but she shows her comedic chops quite well. Not a typical "action" movie by any means, there was enough black humour to keep me watching to the very end.
November 25, 2012
A Polish hitman in AA...gets points for originality, and the cast play all play their (extremely) dysfunctional roles well. Doesn't outstay its welcome, and for good reason because there is not much to it, but it makes the most of what story/script it has to work with.
November 11, 2012
Ben Kingsley wederom top.
October 9, 2012
Ben Kingsley always delivers!
September 23, 2012
Despite a few things, like Leoni, that were a little sleazy and unrealistic, I found the movie a good one in that it entertained me all the way. This is a strange film, certainly not one that is going to be a hit with the public but if you like something different, something a little "dark" yet romantic, you'd probably like this film. It's quirky, which seems to be the kinds of films Kingsley has been doing the past decade.
½ August 19, 2012
first of all, for what the movie is, "you kill me" is a pretty dumb title. next, i didn't find myself laughing at all. i know some parts were supposed to be funny, but they weren't really. also, there's a lot of dramathat could have taken place, but the entire movie felt like it took an easy way out so that they could half ass drama and comedy. i heard a lot of good things about this film before watching it, so i found it to be quite disappointing.
July 25, 2012
It may have been a mistake to cast Ben Kingsley in this drunkard's story to an unusual recovery. The accent is good, but it misses. Téa Leoni steals the show as a woman totally out of kilter. Other than that the flick comes across as one big commercial for Alcoholics Anonymous.
½ July 8, 2012
Frank Falenczyk: It isn't that I'm sorry I killed them; it's that I'm sorry I killed them badly.

"Love is always worth another shot."

You Kill Me is another mob related comedy. This one is different from the normal one, in that the story at the heart of the film isn't all about mob related activity. At the heart of You Kill Me, it is really a man searching for life in the midst of his alcoholism. He finds this life in a woman.

Frank is a hit man for a Polish crime family. When his alcoholism escalates and causes him to botch a hit(by falling asleep no less), he's sent to San Francisco to get his life back on the right path. There he starts trying to get sober. He takes a job at a funeral home, starts attending AA meetings, and begins a relationship with a much younger woman.

I should say now that the extent to which I was able to enjoy You Kill Me is based purely off of the splendid cast. Everyone's terrific, turning a dull movie into a dull movie with good acting. I mean, the story had moments, but there were just too much down time. The laughs are few and far between, and while the writing and directing isn't horrible, it's only average.

Watch the film for Ben Kingsley and a good supporting cast including Philip Baker Hall and Téa Leoni. I had my fair share of problems with the movie as a whole. It wasn't all that engaging, and it turned itself into just another romantic comedy. But Ben Kingsley's presence was enough to make the movie at least watchable. I initially thought I would fall in love with You Kill Me, but I guess I can accept the fact that I merely found it watchable.
½ July 7, 2012
It wasn't funny to me. And it was kinda a boring. It's worth a rental thou.
½ June 21, 2012
A frightfully uneven screenplay kept on keel by the occassionally sparkling performances of Kingsley and Leoni.
June 18, 2012
Great cast (especially the two leads), great chemistry between the two leads, really funny script and a charming plot that surprisingly doesn't have too much violence which makes a nice change.
June 13, 2012
Not quite sure what to make of this one...Cute with some funny moments. I would have like to see Tea's character not just learn from him but actually do more jobs with him, but that isn't going to happen. No sequel here folks...
½ May 16, 2012
I have overlooked this movie when it was released and it's through perusal of IMDb's various lists I came across it. I use the term overlooked because I usually would read the storyline and other movie information for titles that feature the Oscar winning actor Ben Kingsley; several of them appealed to my taste in the various genres he's delivered his quality contributions, though more did not. How else could I, or anyone else, have had the pleasure to see "House of Sand and Fog", if it weren't for the effort of looking for his stuff to start with? Kingsley has been known to make movies which potential monetary success were tentative. This movie is quite difficult to clearly categorize; it depends on the state of mind you're in at the time. I define it as a blend of dark and witty comedy with an expected but discrete drama fusion. The dialogue, mostly, captured my attention; of course, the performance by Ben Kingsley met my expectations. Téa Leoni, who's every single performance of the past twenty years I liked, again, did not fail to please and entertain me; she's a professional other actors have remarked look forward to team up with. The story is simple, straightforward, has many expected moments, not to use the term predictable which nuance I purposefully like to point out; sometimes simplicity allows good actors to shine because they make details count. Denis Farina plays an Irish gangster; he usually excels at half that role, the gangster part, and I was okay with that.
½ May 13, 2012
entertaining twisted humor
May 6, 2012
A movie that really grows on you. Its well played out and the characters are funny and interesting. I rented it and watched it i think 4-5 times in 2 days before i brought it back.

If you like dry humored comedies you will probably enjoy this movie.
April 27, 2012
Liked How It Challenged Life In A Way Not Often Touched Upon, Through The Eyes Of A Recovering Alcoholic Gangster. Some Of It Was Too Far Fetched..But So What! It's Just A Bit Of Fun!
April 24, 2012
quirky and dark type drama with elements of dry humor...worth seeing, Ben Kinglsey is great!