Amu Reviews

• Dec 18, 2016

Very well made movie. A good story and well directed and edited. The leads have done a great job. A sad time in recent Indian history which hasn't had enough coverage , a story which deserved to be told

• Sep 11, 2016

Between a 6/10 and 7/10, Amu stumbles dramatically but is clearly a labor of love for the activist filmmaker, as she breaks all the traditional inhibitions of Bollywood to remind the world of -- and, for most of us, reveal for the first time -- one of the most shameful episodes in Indian history.

• Aug 27, 2014

A film very directly pointing out the problem of Indian sectarian violence and showing some of the painful consequences.

• Jul 27, 2011

Excellent film about a young women who discovers secrets about her past. Very beautifully filmed and well acted.

• Jul 30, 2010

Konkona Sen was ok.. but the storyline was not good. pretty unrealistic, when they are trying to portray a real incident. some scenes were overdone..

• Jun 24, 2010

loved konkana sen's performance in this film. raw. real. so not ur typical bolywood flick. one thing bollywood has mastered is the art of making you succumb to heartwrenching scenes that leaves u bawling your eyes out. it gets me every single time *sniff* *sniff*

• May 11, 2010

Started watching about1/4 in and the story was so good that I kept on watching. Kind of suspenseful in a way, well made by Shonali Bose. Really short with no songs. Konkona acted pretty well but the people around her did not at all.

• Dec 19, 2009

it's Ok. kankana..amazing as usual

it's Ok. kankana..amazing as usual

• Nov 14, 2009

Very good movie! Interestingly, a few days before I got this in the mail, a coworker of mine had sent an email about the massacre against the Sikhs, which I had never heard anything about. Nonetheless, the movie was enlightening of the situation, even if it's just a movie. I would recommend it to those interesting in learning a bit more about the subject, as there is hardly much information about it. Watching Konkona is always good, even her commercial movies are exemplar of Indian cinema.

• Sep 30, 2009