Halloween - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Halloween Reviews

June 19, 2016
Despite giving us some backstory, Halloween is a unfaithful remake, filled with unlikeable characters and lack of Suspense.
June 14, 2016
Desensitises you in the first five minutes leaving you numb for the rest of the film.
June 13, 2016
I don't care what anyone says, this is a highly underrated horror movie I even prefer this over all the original Halloween movies.
June 9, 2016
Amazing reimagining. Rob Zombie is the best. ??????????????????????????? 10/10
½ June 9, 2016
Good horror film. I Enjoy the Halloween films!
May 29, 2016
a sleazy pointless remake of a classic that has way too much gore, way too much sex, way too much foul language, way too much backstory and way too many weird unlikable charactors
May 20, 2016
Zombie did an amazing job on this remake, actually showing you his childhood and the events leading up to the part where Michaels mother and the cops are outside taking his clown mask off after killing his sister ect. Alot of new death scenes and some changes with some classic redone parts that I quoted before they happened. I couldn't have been more happier with the turnout of this movie. TO THE CRITICS:

"? has very little to offer beyond what John Carpenter did in the original movie."

It's getting rediculous with Critics reviews on horror movies......Please disregard their comments as they do not know anything when it comes ot a horror movie. As shown above it DID bring something new to to table let me quote it again "showing you his childhood and the events leading up to the part where Michaels mother and the cops are outside taking his clown mask off after killing his sister ect" not jsut showing him killing babysitters and people but going BEHIND his madness and showing the family environment he grew up in......TAKE A HIKE CRITICS!!!!
½ May 14, 2016
A re-make of the 1978 classic, it has a lot more violence and exposition than the original, but it lacks the suspense and subtlety that made the original great. All and all, not bad.
½ May 6, 2016
3.5/5. The first half is much stronger. It's horrific and uncomfortable. It won't blow your mind or anything, but it's pretty solid for a horror remake. And Malcolm McDowell is the perfect choice for Dr. Loomis.
May 6, 2016
A very gritty and in depth look at the psyche of a killer turns sour as Zombie takes us right back into a story we already know as his confidence starts to hesitate.
½ April 30, 2016
Rob Zombie brings an abundance of fresh, creative ideas to the table in his remake of Halloween, offering a fascinating glimpse into the mind of an authentic psychopath using nauseatingly gruesome violence, surprising antagonist development and breathtaking performances from its talented cast, adding up to the rare horror remake that improves upon the original.
April 11, 2016
With few scares, but lots of blood and gore, Rob Zombie's attempt at remaking a classic falls to the same cliches that all horror remakes seem to: an overabundance of gore, brainless characters, and a simplistic script filled with many plotholes.
½ March 24, 2016
urrrgh! I only watched this again because I had to for an essay, it was just as awful the second time!
Halloween is my favourite horror film of all time and Michael Myers is one of the few horror monsters that I find creepy.
I'm already not a huge fan of Rob Zombie as as director but this takes the piss!
The first half of the film is the best part but it makes me angry...Michael Myers should never ever be humanised!! he is evil incarnate, he should never talk or show that he has feelings, it takes away his scariness.
So much goes on in this film but compared to the original it is boring. There is no suspense or creepiness! it's just unlikeable characters getting hacked or bashed to bits, often with their tits out. Laurie is even unlikeable and she's who we are meant to be rooting for and Malcolm McDowell is bloody awful in this and it pains me to say that because I think he's usually great. Oh and just as you think it has finished it just keeps going on....and on.... avoid and go watch the original instead, now that's how you make a horror film.
March 20, 2016
I cant say this movie will ever be as scary and suspenseful as the original. Although, this movie does deliver the gore, an obvious plot, but it does encounter surpising moments of nonstop terror from the beginning and working its way to the end. The middle of the movie is cliche and predictable, but respecting how entertaining, funny, and serious this movie is, Rob Zombie did a good job reinventing the storyline and doing his own thing with the franchise. The second one he did was not good which is a shame, but this one deserves its credits and elements.
March 15, 2016
Pay no attention to the haters. They just can't accept awesomeness. If you like edgy movies, and aren't as easily amused as horror fans who want everything to be dull and boring to be scary, this is for you. The characters, the action, the kills, much better than the original. They even add a prequel section. So it's good for story too. Rob Zombie doesn't have a good track record, but damn this is his best work along with Devils Rejects.
March 12, 2016
I watched this movie to see Michael kill some fuckers. Not to hear his shitty stupid backstory. Sorry Rob Zombie but you should have just made another Devils Rejects.
½ March 8, 2016
Not as good as the original at all, but is an amazing remake and on its own, a stand out amazing horror film. Captures the spirit of the season and is a must see for Rob Zombie fans as well as horror fans. Must be looked at on its own however. Not for everyone as it is a very hardcore film, but a very good one at that.
March 6, 2016
love this movie. especially love how rob zombie makes Michael a total badass. favorite horror movie.
February 28, 2016
Violent and very stupid remake,my rating is 5.5!
February 26, 2016
A disturbing backstory of a tormented boy, whose life and mindset gone horribly wrong. It was not original, however, it was extremely well acted, and something that is worth seeing. ???