Shark Bait Reviews

• Jun 23, 2017

This is one of the worst and most forgettable rip-offs of both Finding Nemo and The Karate Kid. The animation is vomit inducing and leaves a nauseous feeling in my stomach. The plot is a near mimic of the Karate Kid and the characters are forgettable and uninteresting. All in all this is an ugly and unnecessary piece of garbage.

• Dec 14, 2015

You're going to take a little trip...through my digestive system. A young fish in the open ocean sees his parents caught in a fishing net and dragged away. They tell him to go to the reef and find his grandmother. When he arrives at the reef, his grandmother tells him he is destined to do great things. Meanwhile, he comes across the popular girl in town and falls in love; unfortunately, a shark and his friends terrorize the town and want the girl. The young fish will need to save the town from the shark to win the heart of the girl. "You questioning my credibility?" Three directors collaborate to deliver the Reef (Shark Bait). The storyline for this picture is a bit cliché but very well done and fun to watch unfold. The animation isn't outstanding, but still very good and current. The voices fit the characters well and the film is fairly entertaining. "There are some weird fish in the sea." I recently came across these on Netflix and decided to add them to the queue to watch with my daughter. We watched this together the other night and we both found it fun and worthwhile. This isn't a masterpiece that belongs in your DVD collection, but it is worth a viewing. "Such big heads. Such tiny brains." Grade: C+

• Sep 12, 2015

A cute fish film for kids.

A cute fish film for kids.

• Jun 07, 2015

This movie is NOT a "clone of Fnding Nemo". The story is no where near similar to "Finding Nemo". It's idiotic entries like this which push me away from this "review site". This show is a classic 1950s style story of a Biker Gang leader, a Girl who likes the quiet guy and a Quiet Guy who has to fight for the girl's honor. No where near Finding Nemo.

• Mar 10, 2015

WOW.....WOW.....WOW.....JUST SEEN THIS MOVIE 4 THE 1ST TIME N THINK THAT THIS IS A GOOD MOVIE 2 WATCH.......ITS NOTHING SPECIAL 2 WATCH, BUT THIS IS SUCH AN ENJOYABLE CHILDRENS CARTOON MOVIE 2 WATCH......its got a good cast of actors/actresses throughout this movie.....I think that Freddie prinze jr, andy dick, rob Schneider, evan Rachel wood, play good roles/parts throughout this movie......I think that the director of this animation/kids/family movie had done a great job of directing this movie because you never know what 2 expect throughout this movie.....I think that this is such an enjoyable movie 2 watch, it is nothing special 2 watch but it is an enjoyable childrens movie 2 watch......its got good fight scenes throughout this movie.....its got a good soundtrack throughout this movie...... The reviews of this film were largely negative. Whilst there was no Tomatometer score, Rotten Tomatoes reports that only 28% of the audience gave it a positive review. It has been berated as a 'Finding Nemo rip-off' as it heavily borrows from the film as well as borrowing from other films such as Shark Tale and Karate Kid. It was also criticized for its poor animation and its visuals which were considered outdated. The film currently holds a mid-low rating of 4.2 out of 10 at IMDb. eFilmCritic.com's David Cornelius described it as "undoubtedly one of the cheapest, ugliest cartoon features ever produced" criticizing its CGI, graphics and animation. He also criticized its plot saying "the script also rehashes every concievable cliche the kid flick book". it is nothing special 2 watch but I think that this is such an enjoyable movie 2 watch, with a good cast throughout this movie......WARNING THIS MOVIE CONTAINS STROBE LIGHTNING EFFECTS THROUGHOUT SOME SCENES THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE.......I think that this is such an enjoyable movie 2 watch.......

• Mar 08, 2015

Finding Nemo ripoff. For toddlers only.

Finding Nemo ripoff. For toddlers only.

• Aug 31, 2014

Pretty much the only good thing I can say for this movie is that it's colorful. That's not to say the animation is good, because it's not- it looks like someone did it in his mom's basement on an ancient home PC. But, it's bright. So there's that. There's really not much plot to speak of, so if you're outside the 2-4 crowd, you're not going to find much worth sitting through.

• May 30, 2014

This movie is has a cute story line, however it drags in some places. It didn't always keep my nieces attention, there were places where she didn't want to watch it, she's almost four. Also, I think it was inappropriately rated. The movie is rated G but it has suggestive statements in it, such as, "What the fish?" my niece is at an age where she repeats things that she hears. Children repeat things like that not knowing what they are gesturing. Due to this, I think the movie should have been rated PG at least. Other than that it, it had a cute story line and cute characters. Due to the parts that are suggestive, I won't be allowing my niece to watch it again at least for a few more years. It also said "You've got to be fishing kidding me." As well as, some others I can't remember, that is so ridiculous and unnecessary for a children's movie.

• Apr 22, 2014

A commercial failure that thoroughly deserves it. Leaving aside the totally unoriginal plot, where this film really stinks is the messages they're sending to children, not limited to selfishness, witchcraft and submitting to abusive relationships! Left an appropriate taste of surstromming behind.

• Jan 07, 2014

Pi le poisson part vivre dans le récif avec sa tante suite à la disparition de ses parents. A peine arrivé là-bas qu'il rencontre Cordelia, top modèle des mers dont il tombe amoureux. Il apprend également que cette dernière est convoitée par un requin qui sème la terreur parmi les habitants du récif. Pi va alors décider de faire face au requin pour conquérir Cordelia et libérer le récif. DigiArt se lance dans le filon de l'animation sous-marine qui a déjà fourni pas mal d'idées auprès des pontes du genre (finding Nemo, Shark tale etc). Ce qui en soit n'est pas un problème quand l'histoire est intéressante et bien ficelée. Hélas, c'est loin d'être le cas ici. Sans compter un dessin moche au possible, les aventures de Pi sont loin d'être captivantes, et la séparation méchants/gentils on ne peut plus infantilisante. A limiter à un usage pour très jeunes enfants donc.