Buried Alive - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Buried Alive Reviews

½ February 27, 2011
Not bad! Pretty much what you expect from a low budget movie really, some OTT kills, a creepy old hag wielding an axe, boobies and Tobin Bell so worth a watch but nothing to shout about! check it out if you're bored and have nothing better to watch.
January 15, 2011
I honestly wasn't expecting much from the film with the regergitated story and setting but when it was over I was fairly surprised. Certain things happen throughout the film, like the kill scenes that looked really cool and had been done well. Worth the watch.
½ January 8, 2011
A typical formula slasher movie. Combine teens in the middle of nowhere in a haunted house, add some edged weapons and a ghost and you have it. Well made for this type of movie. If you got time to kill, it isn't a bad movie.
November 24, 2010
When two cousins vist the desert family home accompanied by a few college friends for a sorority initiation, they unearth a family secret and the past comes back to haunt them.

This generic straight to DVD release regurgitates all of it's ideas and characters from many other horror films that you have seen before. Even having Tobin Bell in the cast is not enough to make it stand out. With only a small cast, the few gore sequences, though handled well, always follow the same repetitve idea, and the conclusion is nothing but underwhelming. Not worth paying the money to rent, and only watch it on TV if there is really nothing else on.
½ October 20, 2010
Shit acting,shit story,shit deaths/effects,overall shit.
October 13, 2010
Lets take a look at it first!
September 22, 2010
some suprisinggly scary shocks, but nothing too frantic its like sherbert, starts off sweet, but then you get used to it.
½ August 30, 2010
Pretty good B-style horror flick, in a rather funny way. It's cheesy, but kind of fun. Some of the killings are quite unique and jaw-dropping. Worth checking out on a rainy day.
½ August 30, 2010
Pretty terrible, if it wasn't for the eye candy and copious amounts of nudity I probably would have never made it to the last 10 minutes. The last few minutes were not that bad. Tobin Bell's character wasn't given that much to do.
½ August 27, 2010
I wanted to be Buried Alive after watching this crap.
½ July 27, 2010
Takes forever to get going but then you have a couple of rather gory, tongue-in-cheek death scenes. CGI of course (and you can really tell) but oh how I laughed at those. Promised more than it could deliver in the end.
½ May 12, 2010
Had no real story development, just a stupid slasher film. Surprised me that Tobin decided to be in this one. No the best, wouldn't recommend. It's a waste of your time.
April 6, 2010
A college prank, an abandoned house, an indian curse, and Tobin Bell looking for some easy cash. The definition of crap.
½ March 28, 2010
This is the worst movie I have EVER SEEN.
½ March 23, 2010
That sucked BIG TIME!
March 8, 2010
bad story .. stupid acting!
February 25, 2010
The thing that made me pick this up was that it includes Tobin Bell from Saw. He wasn't in it much but it was weird seeing him play another character all energetic and weird instead of being dead or dying off cancer.
The good bits were that there were fit girls in it finding any excuse to strip off completely and show everything which was amusing. Some of the deaths were also hilarious. The make-up and SFX on the zombie woman thing were great though, she was pretty scary looking.
Bad points... Almost the whole film. It took a while for them to get to the place and wasted too long on characters that don't last that long. The gore was so unrealistic but that added to the hilarity of it. The plot was stupidly thin and they spent about 10 minutes in the middle of the film with a scene trying to explain all the curse and stuff which was silly.
So yeah avoid it unless you like lots of boobies and Tobin Bell.
October 27, 2009
This is a pretty good movie, i watched it bcoz Tobin Bell was in it! :D lol And him being in it, just made it even better!! He is one of the best actors ever i reckon! :)
October 9, 2009
Very disappointing and bland. I expected better. Very slow and the first kill came after 40 minutes!!!
September 6, 2009
This was an interesting movie. The ending creeped me out, but apart from that, this movie was fantastic!